2011 Buick lacrosse A/C kit

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse
Thread starter #1
Well my A/C only blew cold when it was cooler outside. Long story short i was told by 2 different mechanics one was firestone. That i needed to replace my compressor, condenser etc. I recently read that horizontal condensers could not be flushed only replaced. Ok so I bought a kit from UAC. Universal Air Conditioner. My local shop were selling the kit for $465.00 Which is the condenser With Dryer, compressor O rings, expansion valve. I figured they had to be somewhat descent because my local shops were selling UAC as well and everyone was sold out for a week or two. So I called a distributor and paid $303.00. and got it in about 3 days. Im waiting on my mechanic to call me tonight to pick it up. I will let you know how it goes.

Has anyone had this problem with their A/C yet.

How good Is UAC.

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse
Thread starter #2
Well I got my car back and the A/C is blowing as cold as ice but i assume the better test will be tomorrow when the temperature gets back up to 100 degrees.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Did anyone check the low & high side pressures before replacing all of those parts? I hope it is doing well and holds the charge for a long time!

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I can't live with out AC. Glad you got it sorted.

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse
Thread starter #5
Did anyone check the low & high side pressures before replacing all of those parts? I hope it is doing well and holds the charge for a long time!
Yes Yes both did. I thought the first guy was trying to rip me off at first but when i heard it again. I was like it must be true. $508.00 for everything so im not too hurt about it. It could have been worst

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
You and me both. It gets a little hot in Texas
I bet... I'm in Canada LOL but we get hot here in South Western Ontario and the Humidex is what makes the heat 100 times worst.

A week ago we reached 120 with the humidex !

Edit: It was actually 117 f //// 47 c

Buick Ownership
Yes Yes both did. I thought the first guy was trying to rip me off at first but when i heard it again. I was like it must be true. $508.00 for everything so im not too hurt about it. It could have been worst
I have to say that under $ 600 out the door for a new AC system with installation is a very good deal.

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse
Thread starter #9
Yeah Im happy myself. I got them from Pitstopauto. Everyone in town was sold out. Even sellers on Amazon. Pitstop sells their parts on Amazon as well. They also price match. I put together a kit that was cheaper than theirs so they matched it.

Buick Ownership
Yeah Im happy myself. I got them from Pitstopauto. Everyone in town was sold out. Even sellers on Amazon. Pitstop sells their parts on Amazon as well. They also price match. I put together a kit that was cheaper than theirs so they matched it.
The little effort you put into the shopping sure is worth every penny saved.

Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse
A happy ending, good job. I can't believe it, central Maine and we hit 118 degrees last week and that's in the shade. Humidity at 70 percent. I have never seen it that hot here before this summer. A/C in Maine, guess never say never......

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse
Thread starter #12
Well its not a Happy ending yet. I guess I celebrated to soon. Well it got back up to 99 degrees today. And it blew hot as if the clutch didn't engage. So I'm wondering if it is a switch, relay, sensor issue as well. As soon as it got cooler outside it blew cold again. Any suggestions.

Buick Ownership
You could be able to tell if the clutch is engaging or not. Best to do with another person pointing a flashlight at the compressor while you turn it on and off.

Should be able to see visually and hear audibly when the clutch engages.

There usually is a low pressure switch on car AC systems that disables the clutch when there is not enough pressure in the zystem ( too little freon ).

Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse
Roger that on unhappy camper. Is it plausible the controls are set to a defrost mode vs cooling mode? Any thought process I put into my own such controls i continously screw up. It's why children are so successful learning computers, won't try to outthink or second guess on what they think things are supposed to be or do:(

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse
Thread starter #15
You could be able to tell if the clutch is engaging or not. Best to do with another person pointing a flashlight at the compressor while you turn it on and off.

Should be able to see visually and hear audibly when the clutch engages.

There usually is a low pressure switch on car AC systems that disables the clutch when there is not enough pressure in the zystem ( too little freon ).
Yeah I'm thinking the switch maybe the problem. Then again it blew ice cold when it was about 85 degrees outside. So the clutch does work. And my mechanic called me yesterday to check on it and said he only put 2.5 cans in my car.

kevinande

Buick Ownership
Buick
Seems like common sense, but make sure there are no leaks. Last month I paid $1134.00 to fix a dead compressor. In my younger days i would have done it myself, but I am no longer interested. Apparently these compressors are notorious for failing. I have just over 90k on mine and this was its first major issue and then a dead battery so all in all not bad for a 5 year old car. I hope you get it working. My car was without air for a grand total of 1 day. As far as I am concerned in Texas if the A/C does not work the car is broken.

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse
Thread starter #17
Your a
Seems like common sense, but make sure there are no leaks. Last month I paid $1134.00 to fix a dead compressor. In my younger days i would have done it myself, but I am no longer interested. Apparently these compressors are notorious for failing. I have just over 90k on mine and this was its first major issue and then a dead battery so all in all not bad for a 5 year old car. I hope you get it working. My car was without air for a grand total of 1 day. As far as I am concerned in Texas if the A/C does not work the car is broken.
Almost correct. Its been working fine today. But I will see

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.