• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2011 Buick Lacrosse Engine

brnhornet

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse CXL 3.6L
Hello all
Does anybody know which Lacrosse engines are compatible with my 2011 Buick Lacrosse CXL 3.6l. I've decided to change the engine due to a massive sludge issue plus my current engine has about 198,000 miles anyway. As I've done some research I'm seeing that some sites say that the 2012 engine can be used in the 2011 model. Which is great if it's true seeing as the 2012 engine is about $1000 less than the 2011. Can somebody please help me out? Thank you in advanced

1arnold1

Buick Ownership
Buick
I don't know about the engine but I had a similar issue with sludge on my 2011 3.6 and I was using Quaker State SYN. I now have around 285,000 miles on the engine.
I switched to Pennzoil synthetic blend (you can order via WALMART) and it has cleaned the engine to the point that there is no visible sludge. I originally discovered sludge when I changed plugs and removed the valve covers for other maintenance. When I changed plugs again I removed the valve covers as I was going to try to remove the sludge but there was none.

As to the engine swap may want to contact Fraser Engines.

brnhornet

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse CXL 3.6L
Thanks for your reply but I believe we may have experienced different sludge issues. All 4 mechanics have told me that there is no way of cleaning up all the sludge out of the engine. In fact they recommend not doing an engine flush or sea foam because inside the gears the sludge has probably hardened and that would loosen it. They pretty much say I've been lucky the engine hasn't stopped already and short of having a machinist completely take it apart, clean the heads, replace the oil pan, etc, etc the engine is beyond saving. That can be very expensive so I might as well replace it. As far as Fraser Engines I'll check them out

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Good idea. From past experience (not all that) I’d say they are a match. Sometimes a span of even 3 or 4 years can be comparable. The salvage yards have a good knowledge on things as such I’ve found.

Oneill5491

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS, 2010 LaCrosse CXS, 99 Regal GS
GM made revisions to the 2012 3.6L engine (LFX) that allowed it to produce 23 more HP over the outgoing LLT used in the 2010 and 2011 LaCrosse. IIRC, it was mainly an exhaust manifold redesign that reduced back pressure. I'm uncertain if the PCM from an LLT powertrain can be used with an LFX engine without reprogramming.

Ridemecbr

Buick Ownership
Lacrosse 2011
Hello all
Does anybody know which Lacrosse engines are compatible with my 2011 Buick Lacrosse CXL 3.6l. I've decided to change the engine due to a massive sludge issue plus my current engine has about 198,000 miles anyway. As I've done some research I'm seeing that some sites say that the 2012 engine can be used in the 2011 model. Which is great if it's true seeing as the 2012 engine is about $1000 less than the 2011. Can somebody please help me out? Thank you in advanced
I have everything you need hornet 50,000 miles for $1500 obo. You can drop me an email at jonesdj6@gmail.com

Turbo Buick Badge