2011 Buick lacrosse stalls when turning left or right At low speeds.

Chris 2011 LaCrosse

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
My 2011 Buick LaCrosse will stall at low speeds when I turn left or right? Has this occurred with anyone before? Anyone know what could be causing this? Thank you in advance.

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
Do you have the check engine light on? Any other symptoms? Does it stall at a red light?

Chris 2011 LaCrosse

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
Do you have the check engine light on? Any other symptoms? Does it stall at a red light?
No Check Engine Light. No other symptoms, just happens when turning the wheel hard when driving at low speeds. It’s fine at a red light, or driving straight. Thank you for your help.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Did you check the power steering fluid level?

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
No Check Engine Light. No other symptoms, just happens when turning the wheel hard when driving at low speeds. It’s fine at a red light, or driving straight. Thank you for your help.
This is just a wild guess but dont know if the power steering is somehow causing the stalling. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Chris 2011 LaCrosse

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
After reading your question about power steering fluid levels, I just checked and I am well below minimum. I know what I will be doing in the morning. I must admit I don’t think I check power steering very often. I don’t know how that would cause the engine to stall but i’ll be adding steering fluid in the morning. I’ll let you know. Thank you for the suggestion.

Chris 2011 LaCrosse

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
Filled the brake fluid up today. Unfortunately it did not fix my problem. Thank you for the suggestion.

Chris 2011 LaCrosse

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
Filled the brake fluid up today. Unfortunately it did not fix my problem. Thank you for the suggestion.
Picked up my LaCrosse from the dealership today and it turned out that I had a broken ECM ground wire at the battery negative terminal. They also updated the program for the ECM module. Finally they cleaned out the throttle body. Seems to have fixed my problem.... only $187. I feel very fortunate. LOL. Thanks everyone.

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
Picked up my LaCrosse from the dealership today and it turned out that I had a broken ECM ground wire at the battery negative terminal. They also updated the program for the ECM module. Finally they cleaned out the throttle body. Seems to have fixed my problem.... only $187. I feel very fortunate. LOL. Thanks everyone.
I am glad to hear that it is fixed, I don't know how any of these would cause the stalling while turning the steering though!

richardnewton

Buick Ownership
Buick
Broken ground wire is the most likely of the 3 causes; maybe intermittent connection.

That was a good gesture for the dealer to clean the throttlebody. The TB gets gummed up and periodic cleaning can really improve performance.

$187 is a great price for all that diagnosis and repair work.

Chris 2011 LaCrosse

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
Broken ground wire is the most likely of the 3 causes; maybe intermittent connection.

That was a good gesture for the dealer to clean the throttlebody. The TB gets gummed up and periodic cleaning can really improve performance.

$187 is a great price for all that diagnosis and repair work.
Thanks Richard! I thought so too. Appreciate your comments.

Chris 2011 LaCrosse

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
Guess what’s back? My Lacrosse is stalling again when I turn left or right at low speeds. If fact I notice it’s when my steering wheel is returning back to center and trying to accelerate at the same time. Could I have a problem with my power steering pump or alternator? Appreciate any help?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!