• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2011 Buick Regal CXL Automatic Transmission Lag/Hesitation

vipervenom

St. Catharines, ON, Canada
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal CXL
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone else is having this same problem with their regal. Once slowing down, coming into an intersection but not stopped, has anyone else noticed a lag or hesitation where you try to accelerate when turning but the car does nothing and then you let off the gas and press it again and it goes.

Also happens when you are braking and then let off the brake and hit the gas at slower speeds like 20-30kph and there is almost like a bogging like its getting too much gas. Ive been to the dealer and have been told its normal operation, but its a safety issue too. Ive had numerous cars over the years and never experienced anything like this before.

Anyone??? If you have, and solved this problem, please let me know so I can let the dealer know. Ive owned the car since new and it has 15,241km on it.

Thanks,

Mike

NewTekBuzz

Flint Area
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal T07
I wonder why nothing has been done about it, if its so common. You would think by now that there would have been some sort of update/recall. Its very frustrating to be told "its normal" by the dealer.
Trust me, i know all about frustration and my Buick. whats worse is when GM cant even tell you what the problem is and pays you to go away!!!
some say that the trifecta tune helps with the response time... I dont have the tune.. YET

vipervenom

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal CXL
Trust me, i know all about frustration and my Buick. whats worse is when GM cant even tell you what the problem is and pays you to go away!!!
some say that the trifecta tune helps with the response time... I dont have the tune.. YET
My car is at the dealer as we speak and I was told this morning that Buick customer service people are viewing these posts, so feel free to chime in as I would like an explanation as to why my vehicle and apparently so many other people's vehicles are experiencing the same problem which GM is choosing to ignore. Do we need a Toyota fiasco before they are willing to do something about it?

Its a safety issue GM!

NewTekBuzz

Flint Area
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal T07
My car is at the dealer as we speak and I was told this morning that Buick customer service people are viewing these posts, so feel free to chime in as I would like an explanation as to why my vehicle and apparently so many other people's vehicles are experiencing the same problem which GM is choosing to ignore. Do we need a Toyota fiasco before they are willing to do something about it?

Its a safety issue GM!
DON'T get me started!!! :)
hope your service visit goes well, have a good w/e

Greg B.

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone else is having this same problem with their regal. Once slowing down, coming into an intersection but not stopped, has anyone else noticed a lag or hesitation where you try to accelerate when turning but the car does nothing and then you let off the gas and press it again and it goes.

Also happens when you are braking and then let off the brake and hit the gas at slower speeds like 20-30kph and there is almost like a bogging like its getting too much gas. Ive been to the dealer and have been told its normal operation, but its a safety issue too. Ive had numerous cars over the years and never experienced anything like this before.

Anyone??? If you have, and solved this problem, please let me know so I can let the dealer know. Ive owned the car since new and it has 15,241km on it.

Thanks,

Mike

I understand it is a function of the transmission programming, perhaps for fuel economy reasons, perhaps other reasons. I seem to remember Turbo owners saying that the Trifecta tune improved it, but I am not sure of that. I have come to get used to it, but it remains annoying.

Sonny@bnr

verano turbo 290whp372wtq
Authorized Vendor
Buick Ownership
Buick
the trifecta tune , will improve throttle response and transmission firmness, the tune takes the lag away.

echoes368

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
:sad::sad::sad:

Yeah, I'm kinda glad others are experiencing this problem as well, I feel less crazy. When I am coasting or going to speed up at around 60-80KPH, it seems to bog down and seem like it's getting too much fuel or something. I have to take my foot off the gas, and reapply it and tromp down a bit more before it'll do anything. Kinda crap, but the dealer has told me that it's normal apparently.... There are a few other noises too, my dash seems to make a LOUD rattling noise sometimes on the drivers side, they "couldn't find it". My blower motor also makes squeaking noises, again, dealer couldn't find a problem. My engine is also now making squeaking noises, haven't brought it up, but when I bring it in to get my winters on, I will get them to look at all the problems again. It was also making a purring noise, brought it in, they said it was nothing. Brought it in to another location, they said it was a bearing... They replaced the bearing and the noise went away. Now I am having problems with my onstar..... WHEN WILL IT END?! At least the car is sexy as hell!

TC400

Pittsburgh, PA
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal TO7, Prius c 3
I'm not feeling any lag? Or it could be there and I don't know it :/ s.o.b

EnderWiggin

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
IIRC, this is a gear lash in the computer issue. When I test drove a Verano T before I bought my Regal, I noticed this. The Tech brought out a TSB that said Regal and Verano among others, were affected by this. Basicly the computer hesitates from a roll to prevent drivetrain damage.

Detroit, USA

Its a safety issue GM!
Hi vipervenom,

I am truly sorry to hear of this. I noticed that you are located in Canada, and although our Customer Service team on this forum is able to assist only United States based customers at this time, we do have a Customer Service department in Canada that would be happy to help! The phone number is 800-263-3777, and the hours of operation are M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm and Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST. I do hope a resolution is able to be found quickly for you.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

vipervenom

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal CXL
Hi vipervenom,

I am truly sorry to hear of this. I noticed that you are located in Canada, and although our Customer Service team on this forum is able to assist only United States based customers at this time, we do have a Customer Service department in Canada that would be happy to help! The phone number is 800-263-3777, and the hours of operation are M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm and Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST. I do hope a resolution is able to be found quickly for you.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care
I have gone that route back in January of 2012, days after my purchase. I didn't get anywhere and no resolution to date. I have been to the dealership many times, to no avail. I'm just about ready to give up on it and the car. All I have been told is that my vehicle is operating as it should or it's normal. Quite frankly, in the 23 years I have been driving, I have never experienced such a problem.

It's a safety issue as far as I am concerned. The only thing I can do at this point is open a case with Transport Canada and have them look into it further. Its a shame that GM doesn't want to do anything about this issue.

Detroit, USA
I have gone that route back in January of 2012, days after my purchase. I didn't get anywhere and no resolution to date. I have been to the dealership many times, to no avail. I'm just about ready to give up on it and the car. All I have been told is that my vehicle is operating as it should or it's normal. Quite frankly, in the 23 years I have been driving, I have never experienced such a problem.

It's a safety issue as far as I am concerned. The only thing I can do at this point is open a case with Transport Canada and have them look into it further. Its a shame that GM doesn't want to do anything about this issue.
Thank you for the update. We want to ensure you feel safe in your vehicle. If you would like to send me a private message with your full contact information and VIN, I can forward your information on to the appropriate department to see if anything further can be done. I look forward to your response. Thank you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

vipervenom

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal CXL
Thank you for the update. We want to ensure you feel safe in your vehicle. If you would like to send me a private message with your full contact information and VIN, I can forward your information on to the appropriate department to see if anything further can be done. I look forward to your response. Thank you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care
Hello Jessica,

I have done as you requested and I look forward to your response and ultimately a resolution.

Michael

echoes368

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Michael, please post your progress! I'd be interested to see how they fix it so I can do the same. :)

Cheers mate!
Mike

vipervenom

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal CXL
Michael, please post your progress! I'd be interested to see how they fix it so I can do the same. :)

Cheers mate!
Mike
I certainly will. To date, after providing my contact information and VIN to Jessica, I have yet to hear from a representative from GM regarding my issue. I can't say I am surprised. I just wish others that are reading this thread would post if they are having issues such as hesitation and or lag with the transmission. One voice is not near as loud as the masses!

Let GM know about this problem. I certainly hope it doesn't take someone getting injured or worse for GM to step up and issue a fix for this problem. Fortunately, I am currently leasing my Regal. If it's not fixed by the end of the lease, they can have it back. One would think spending this kind of money on a vehicle would result in a quality vehicle. Seeing all the issues it's had to date, I have come to the conclusion that is definitely not the case. :sad:

Detroit, USA
I certainly will. To date, after providing my contact information and VIN to Jessica, I have yet to hear from a representative from GM regarding my issue. I can't say I am surprised. I just wish others that are reading this thread would post if they are having issues such as hesitation and or lag with the transmission. One voice is not near as loud as the masses!

Let GM know about this problem. I certainly hope it doesn't take someone getting injured or worse for GM to step up and issue a fix for this problem. Fortunately, I am currently leasing my Regal. If it's not fixed by the end of the lease, they can have it back. One would think spending this kind of money on a vehicle would result in a quality vehicle. Seeing all the issues it's had to date, I have come to the conclusion that is definitely not the case. :sad:
I am sorry that a representative has not reached out to you yet! Unfortunately, I am unable to access the same system that is used in Canada, otherwise I would! If you are interested in contacting them again to see if more progress is being made you may call them at the number I previously provided. Again, I do apologize for the delay.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

Pedal Commander