• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2011 CXS -- Key not recognized when shutting off.

SUPERBEN

Buick Ownership
Buick
In the spring I swapped out for my summer rims and reset the TPS sensor . . . .ever since then it randomly will say "key not found". . . . and pretty much every time mostly when the door is open and I hit the button to turn the car off . . .it states " no remote detected - push brake to start " . . . . . .then I have to push the off button again and it shuts off the power. . . . . .it always starts fine and runs fine. . . .I just have to push the start button twice everytime I get out of the car.. .. .could it be the keyless receiever module going bad?. . . .has there been issues with that?

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
In the spring I swapped out for my summer rims and reset the TPS sensor . . . .ever since then it randomly will say "key not found". . . . and pretty much every time mostly when the door is open and I hit the button to turn the car off . . .it states " no remote detected - push brake to start " . . . . . .then I have to push the off button again and it shuts off the power. . . . . .it always starts fine and runs fine. . . .I just have to push the start button twice everytime I get out of the car.. .. .could it be the keyless receiever module going bad?. . . .has there been issues with that?
maybe try disconnecting the car battery, could be a software glitch

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Too, if xmitter is in pocket with other keys or change it’s possible the signal is interfered with. Wife keeps hers in pocketbook with all the other junk. She states Buttons take several pushes to operate things. Every time I test, it works fine, told her to press things more firmly. Only other things I can think of on that.

SUPERBEN

Buick Ownership
Buick
Thanks, I have tried disconecting the battery overnight. . . tried reprogramming the TPS module again. . . no luck. . . . .I put the key FOB in the cub holder by itself and it still does it. . . .I am thinking it has to be the keyless receiver module. . . .but I am not sure where it is located to replace it.

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
Is this always in the same spot or different locations - there can be local interference some places

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Never tried shutting off without key. Seems certain safety issues could arise from that feature. Meaning scenario whereas old woman parks car in garage and doesn’t shut off motor, attempt by another- car stays running?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Pedal Commander