• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2011 enclave - Cam Position Parameter Change.

Racingsinger

Buick Ownership
2011 Enclave
Has anyone toyed with the idea of changing cam position sensor programed parameters to compensate for some small chain stretch. The car runs good with no noise, but gets a cam position fault. This causes the car to shimmy around 1300-1500 RPM. If I am accelerating it doesn't shimmy only when I level off in 6 gear and rpm are again at 1300-1500 it will shimmy until I throttle up or down. I can help the driving experience by using the Trip Tronic Shift and leaving the car in a lower gear so RPM are higher and the car doesn't shimmy. The car is not worth the figure the Dealer gave to repair and I can't in good Faith sell it without disclosing it's problem. If I can make it stop shimming I will drive it until the wheels fall off or something else happens. If this idea has any merit I would appreciate your response. Thanks Gordon

Turbo Buick Badge