2011 Enclave Headlights

tankwagon9

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 2011 Enclave CXL. The low beam headlights seem to be way low and are easily outrun at night on the highway. Hard to see curves coming. Dealer says that they are adjusted as high as possible. Any suggestions?

Buffman

Tire Smoking Fury
MI
Buick Ownership
Roadmaster
tank, are you 100% you don't have the automatic headlighhts disabled and are driving with the fog lights and or DRLs at night? Surprisingly I've seen a lot of newer cars being driven this way at night because they don't have automatic headlights, and or didn't realize they did and they turned them off.

Unless I'm mistaken the 2011 Enclave's have HID. That's 3x more light on average than halogens. Factory headlights can be aimed fairly high. There's no way you're outrunning HID lights at normal highway speeds...

tankwagon9

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
The headlights are definitely on. The high beams are fine but the low beams do not project very far. The brightness is fine, it is just the distance,

Detroit, USA
Keep me posted on your concern. If it seems to worsen in any way, feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, Buick Customer Service.

tankwagon9

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Tricia - thanks for your reply. How do I contact you directly? This is definitely a serious issue for night driving. I believe it is not just my perception as numerous people who have ridden with me at night have observed and commented on it. Could there be an issue inside the headlight housing?

Buffman

Tire Smoking Fury
MI
Buick Ownership
Roadmaster
interesting. at 25 feet do you have visible _____/------ _____/------ pattern coming from your low beams? The Bottom straight should be approx 20-30" from ground. Not sure on exact # as I don't know what the ride height is. HIDs have no problems illuminating items a mile down the road.. Obviously actual foreground light isn't that much, but what you're describing is doesn't sound right at all.

I had mine aimed a little higher at the time, but here are some factory HIDs on my car (not an Enclave) at 130 feet from the wall:

tankwagon9

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick

These are my headlights 30 feet from wall.

Buffman

Tire Smoking Fury
MI
Buick Ownership
Roadmaster
I'd take it to a different dealer as there's something obviously wrong with those headlights. I can see the cutoffs and they are at the bottom of the garage. I'm surprised they'd let a vehicle leave with them like that.

g_554886

Keep me posted on your concern. If it seems to worsen in any way, feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, Buick Customer Service.
I am having the same issue. Can't see very far in front of me when light are low beam. Have to turn on the high beams when going around a curve or to see an exit off the highway. Is there another headlight assembly that works better than these.