2011 hard shifting

rodeman

Phoenix
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
Has anyone else experienced this? My 2011 is shifting hard when I get on the gas and then off quickly like you would in stop and go traffic or in the mall where you stop and start over and over.

I'm not flooring it but I step on the gas and then take my foot off and the car kind of lurches after I'm off the gas. I can see the tach jump up some rpm, maybe 1/8th of an inch and then it drops after it changes gears. You can definitely feel it.

It just started doing this and I'm curious if anyone else has noticed it on their car?

Thanks
John

pogster

Alberta
Under those conditions all cars will do it to some extent but some are more noticeable than others. When you think about it your drive train is under a somewhat heavy load causing the shift point to be higher, and then suddenly you are unloading creating the upshift to a decelerating - unloaded - higher gear. I had a Sebring that was the worst of any vehicle I've ever owned and would make a very hard upshift from first to second under your described conditions. There was nothing wrong with the transmission, its was just a 'characteristic' of that particular tranny.

I'm not saying your car doesn't have a problem, diagnosis over the internet is difficult, but if concerned take it into your dealership.

92sub

Motor City
Buick Ownership
87GN (gone), 2011 CXS (gone), 98 Regal GS
Press your Onstar button and ask them to run a diagnostic check for trouble codes. Trans codes don't usually turn on a lamp or message and their default action can result in harsh shifting. If your not paying for Onstar then you'll have to take it to the dealer and find out.
Our 2011 CXS does not exhibit this problem however, different driving styles can result in different operation even within the same vehicle so it's possible it's normal but I don't drive the same as you and therefore never experience it.

Godzson

Aurora, IL
Buick Ownership
Buick
the 10s do the same thing. i just figured i was confusing the tranny lol

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2015 Infiniti Q50 AWD Sport Hybrid
the 10s do the same thing. i just figured i was confusing the tranny lol

That was pretty much my take on it as well. The computer is trying to decide what to do under a puzzling set of circumstances and it doesn't get it quite right. I've seen it too. Nothing which leaves me concerned.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!