• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2011 LaCrosse -HELP PLEASE: Warning Lights after changing the alternator

Markgarland

Buick Ownership
2011 LaCrosse
So my wife had the Battery Protection Activated screen pop up, she pulled over and had AAA tow the car home. We found the alternator was not putting out, so I went to the parts house and bought a new one. The new one is charging the battery just fine now, HOWEVER we are getting the Service Brake Assist, Service Stabilatrack, Service Park Assist, and the Brake light and ABS light are now on all the time. Before the alternator went out, I had no warning lights. This car doesn't even have Park Assist so I don't know what that is even about. When you pull up on the Emergency Brake, you can hear it engage and then the minute you take your finger off, it disengages. Hoping someone can shed some light on a way to reset this without having to take it to a dealer. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Again, like I said there was no issues with anything before the Battery Protection kicked in.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
How did you determine the new alternator is working, did you use a handheld voltmeter at the battery?

MarcM

Buick Newbie
Monadnock Region, NH
Buick Ownership
08 Lacrosse Super
I know on my Volvo, I had to hold the negative and positive terminals together for about a minute to discharge the ECM voltages holding information. Not sure if that's the case here.

Markgarland

Buick Ownership
2011 LaCrosse
I know on my Volvo, I had to hold the negative and positive terminals together for about a minute to discharge the ECM voltages holding information. Not sure if that's the case here.
I didn't try that, maybe I will and see if that works. Really trying to avoid the dealership, not really in the budget right now.

Pedal Commander