2011 Regal Euro Plate

Garrus

The Citadel via Cincinnati
Buick Ownership
2013 BDT Regal GS
I have a carry over Europlate from my old car. Has anyone had any success with mounting a europlate? Either with a euro frame or clip on holder. Any pictures or success stories would be greatly appreciated. I cannot seem to find much of anything on BuickForums, RegalForums, or the net. Thank you.

Garrus

Buick Ownership
2013 BDT Regal GS
That is correct. On the '11, there is a European license plate bracket behind the *if you have “dealer installed” US” plate holder.

I have the europlate that fits the open gap. My question was, has anyone found and installed a universal mounting kit that fit properly? Or had success mounting it cleanly after removing the American plate holder and rivits.

I had a universal plate holder, in which the europlate fit in, then snapped closed. But it did not fit quite right, so I had the dealer rivet back the us plate holder back on.

richmusch

Buick Ownership
Buick
I tried to find info on this as well with no luck. I am hopeful that one day Ohio will do away with the front plate and would like to use the Euro plate holes to mount my front plate until such time. Until I find a solution, I am driving around with no front plate... :eek:

cebo0650

Waterloo, ON
Buick Ownership
Buick
Garrus is this the type of part you're looking for? Seems to have tons of holes, and therefore should fit any type of bolt whole configuration.

54ff8816b53405f8.jpg

Garrus

Buick Ownership
2013 BDT Regal GS
Hey Cebo. That looks pretty dead on, and a whole lot leaner. The one that I have is quite a bit larger in diameter on the sides, and seems much thicker. Which, could be the exact reason that it did not what to fit into the euro plate bracket on the Regal. Are you able to test fit that on a Euro Regal bumper? If it fits, where can I get one of those!?

cebo0650

Waterloo, ON
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hey Cebo. That looks pretty dead on, and a whole lot leaner. The one that I have is quite a bit larger in diameter on the sides, and seems much thicker. Which, could be the exact reason that it did not what to fit into the euro plate bracket on the Regal. Are you able to test fit that on a Euro Regal bumper? If it fits, where can I get one of those!?

Hey, give me a couple days to confirm I can get one with them same hole configuration or similar. If I can, I'll hook you up.

richmusch

Buick Ownership
Buick
Hey, give me a couple days to confirm I can get one with them same hole configuration or similar. If I can, I'll hook you up.

Make that 2 please!

p.r

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal
Look at the front bumber, there is a spot for a euro plate right in the bumber on the Insignia's

Buick-Regal-Wagon-Spy-Shots.jpeg

However on the Regal that spot is covered or the bumper is different

Graciousness-of-2011-Buick-Regal-CXL-Turbo-.jpg

Garrus

Buick Ownership
2013 BDT Regal GS
The '11 Regal that I have, before starting the thread, has the europlate.

What Cebo is looking into, is which brand or manufacturer makes one that fits correctly. The euro license plate holder I had from a previous car did not fit correctly on the Regal.

Thanks for all the background work Cebo.

GTXgp

Las Colinas (DFW), TX
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
I just picked up my Regal GS last night, and on top of a FULL Opel conversion kit, Cebo is also sending me the Euro bracket (pictured on page 1) so I can see how it fits. My GS does not have the filler plate so hopefully it will fit ok.

Garrus

Buick Ownership
2013 BDT Regal GS
Thanks for the heads up GTX. Also, if Cebo's fits, I will be all over it.

Incase anyone orders online, my previous one was bought from Custom Engraving. Great company and made an awesome plate, but their euro bracket does NOT fit our Regal bumpers.

cebo0650

Waterloo, ON
Buick Ownership
Buick
I finally have a picture of the actual plate frame I can provide. It's not quite exactly the same as the first picture I posted but I believe it will work just as well. It still has a great number of holes for mounting.

The plate slides in from the bottom that the bottom strip with dealer info snaps in to secure it.

ramka%205.jpg

GTXgp

Las Colinas (DFW), TX
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
I finally have a picture of the actual plate frame I can provide. It's not quite exactly the same as the first picture I posted but I believe it will work just as well. It still has a great number of holes for mounting.

The plate slides in from the bottom that the bottom strip with dealer info snaps in to secure it.

ramka%205.jpg
Is that the one you are sending me? I actually kinda like the dealer info at the bottom, it makes it look more authentic. If I don't like it, I can always bring it to my sign guy to get it covered with something else :)

Adam

Get your turbo buick badge right here!