2012 2.0T Car randomly dies, bucks/stutters.

VRT

Buick Ownership
12’ regal turbo
Not sure what the deal is, I’ve scanned and this is what I’ve come up with. 15049

All intake codes. Is this a timing ordeal? Does it need a carbon cleaning? I’ve changed the MAF and the intake manifold absolute pressure sensor, no change.

VRT

Buick Ownership
12’ regal turbo

Walt G

25 miles SW of Chicago
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
I think the P0506 fault just means that the engine is running like crap (incorrect low idle speed).

P00C7 means that the three pressure sensors didn't agree with each other during a time (such as key-on with the engine not running) when all three should be reading the same thing. The three pressure sensors are the baro pressure sensor, the manifold pressure sensor and the boost pressure sensor.

P0106 is specific to the manifold pressure sensor, but it's still based on some sort of look-up table of engine speed, coolant temp, load, etc. and an 'expected' manifold pressure. It's not a super high confidence fault pointing at the MAP sensor necessarily. Something else could be screwing up that expected relationship.

P00C7 shouldn't set unless one of your sensors is messed up though. Looks like you've got access to a good scan tool there... take a look at your pressure sensor live data at key-on and you should see which one is out to lunch.

VRT

Buick Ownership
12’ regal turbo
I think the P0506 fault just means that the engine is running like crap (incorrect low idle speed).

P00C7 means that the three pressure sensors didn't agree with each other during a time (such as key-on with the engine not running) when all three should be reading the same thing. The three pressure sensors are the baro pressure sensor, the manifold pressure sensor and the boost pressure sensor.

P0106 is specific to the manifold pressure sensor, but it's still based on some sort of look-up table of engine speed, coolant temp, load, etc. and an 'expected' manifold pressure. It's not a super high confidence fault pointing at the MAP sensor necessarily. Something else could be screwing up that expected relationship.

P00C7 shouldn't set unless one of your sensors is messed up though. Looks like you've got access to a good scan tool there... take a look at your pressure sensor live data at key-on and you should see which one is out to lunch.
Interesting. I wasn’t aware of this. I’ll have to get to find sensor values and check the 3. Do you know?

VRT

Buick Ownership
12’ regal turbo
No, still doing it.

Had another ECM programmed to the car in hopes it was the ECM as I found a thread on another forum where that was another guys issue. Didn’t work.

VRT

Buick Ownership
12’ regal turbo
Up

Walt G

25 miles SW of Chicago
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
If P00C7 is setting consistently, what do all of your pressure sensors read at key-on/engine-off? P00C7 should only set if the various pressure sensors (intake manifold, boost and barometric) don't equal each other within 10 kPa during a time when they should, such as key-on/engine-off.

That code won't tell you which sensor is wrong, but with that code and a scan tool you should be able to tell.... two will probably be the same, and one will be different (and wrong). And you can look up (Google) what the actual baro pressure is at that time in your location to confirm which is wrong.

VRT

Buick Ownership
12’ regal turbo
Walt- changed the MAP sensor, car is running much better and dies a lot less frequently and doesn’t hunt for idle before or after it does like it did before but it’s still randomly dieing once in awhile.

Is there any way I can get a hold of you outside of this thread?