2012 2.0T Car randomly dies, bucks/stutters.

VRT

Buick Ownership
12’ regal turbo
Not sure what the deal is, I’ve scanned and this is what I’ve come up with. 15049

All intake codes. Is this a timing ordeal? Does it need a carbon cleaning? I’ve changed the MAF and the intake manifold absolute pressure sensor, no change.

VRT

Buick Ownership
12’ regal turbo

Walt G

25 miles SW of Chicago
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
I think the P0506 fault just means that the engine is running like crap (incorrect low idle speed).

P00C7 means that the three pressure sensors didn't agree with each other during a time (such as key-on with the engine not running) when all three should be reading the same thing. The three pressure sensors are the baro pressure sensor, the manifold pressure sensor and the boost pressure sensor.

P0106 is specific to the manifold pressure sensor, but it's still based on some sort of look-up table of engine speed, coolant temp, load, etc. and an 'expected' manifold pressure. It's not a super high confidence fault pointing at the MAP sensor necessarily. Something else could be screwing up that expected relationship.

P00C7 shouldn't set unless one of your sensors is messed up though. Looks like you've got access to a good scan tool there... take a look at your pressure sensor live data at key-on and you should see which one is out to lunch.

VRT

Buick Ownership
12’ regal turbo
I think the P0506 fault just means that the engine is running like crap (incorrect low idle speed).

P00C7 means that the three pressure sensors didn't agree with each other during a time (such as key-on with the engine not running) when all three should be reading the same thing. The three pressure sensors are the baro pressure sensor, the manifold pressure sensor and the boost pressure sensor.

P0106 is specific to the manifold pressure sensor, but it's still based on some sort of look-up table of engine speed, coolant temp, load, etc. and an 'expected' manifold pressure. It's not a super high confidence fault pointing at the MAP sensor necessarily. Something else could be screwing up that expected relationship.

P00C7 shouldn't set unless one of your sensors is messed up though. Looks like you've got access to a good scan tool there... take a look at your pressure sensor live data at key-on and you should see which one is out to lunch.
Interesting. I wasn’t aware of this. I’ll have to get to find sensor values and check the 3. Do you know?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.