• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2012 2.4's arriving?

Friar1610

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal 2.4
Is anyone else waiting for a 2012 2.4 liter model and, if so, have they started arriving at your local dealers? I'm interested in a 2.4 Premium 1 package with a sun roof, possibly but not necessarily with eAssist. A few Base models (no Premium packages) have dribbled into showrooms in my area (Northern New England/Upstate NY) but nothing more than those. I don't know if that's because we're in the boonies or because Buick has only started making/delivering Base models and wants to get those out to showrooms first. (I've also looked for 2011 RL-4s but can't find any in the colors/interior I'm interested in.)

I've got a 1997 Lexus ES-300 that is due for state inspection at the end of this month and it has issues that will keep it from passing, so I'd kinda like to get a Regal before then rather than either dropping back to my second choice car or paying to get the Lexus compliant. (If I did that, I'd probably drive the Lexus through the winter and wait until spring for a new car.)

Any insights?

Friar 1610

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
I'm hoping to pick up a 2.4 prem 2 w/ roof and nav later in 2012 so I can get the intellilink and I really like the gray color that is apparently changing to smoky gray metallic and not slated until later in the production cycle.

Just curious... what color combo are you looking for? maybe a dealer can search surrounding inventories for you?

Friar1610

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal 2.4
I would suggest taking the Turbo for a spin ;)
I have and I know it's peppier. But the regular 4 is fine for my needs, cheaper and runs on regular gas.

Friar1610

Friar1610

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal 2.4
I'm hoping to pick up a 2.4 prem 2 w/ roof and nav later in 2012 so I can get the intellilink and I really like the gray color that is apparently changing to smoky gray metallic and not slated until later in the production cycle.

Just curious... what color combo are you looking for? maybe a dealer can search surrounding inventories for you?
I've been down that route and have done a lot of on-line checking myself and just can't find what I'm looking for. In a 2011 I'm looking for an RL-4 with a tan (cashmere) interior. Exterior colors: don't want black or white. Reasonably open beyond that.

Friar1610

Niklow

Buick Ownership
Regal
I believe they are replacing it with the new 2.5L.

The 2.4L motor is being dropped, kinda sucks for those who purchased the 2.4

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
I have and I know it's peppier. But the regular 4 is fine for my needs, cheaper and runs on regular gas.

Friar1610
Same here. It's hard for me to justify spending more for the turbo up front and all that comes with that. Larger tires, premium fuel, any added cost of turbo maintenance.

Similar thoughts on the eassist. I figure it would take me 60,000 just to get the inital $2000 back and then there's the whole battery, extra motor, belt maintence. I only drive 5 or 6k miles per year- pass.

Friar1610

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal 2.4
Same here. It's hard for me to justify spending more for the turbo up front and all that comes with that. Larger tires, premium fuel, any added cost of turbo maintenance.

Similar thoughts on the eassist. I figure it would take me 60,000 just to get the inital $2000 back and then there's the whole battery, extra motor, belt maintence. I only drive 5 or 6k miles per year- pass.
In looking at my options (including a dying car that won't pass inspection at the end of October), I just pulled the trigger and ordered a while RL-4 which my dealer will get from another dealer. Not my first exterior color choice but one I can live with. Got a nice price (using the USAA Buying Service.)

I'll report back on how I like it.

Friar1610

Detroit, USA
I would be happy to try to locate the vehicle for you as well. Please feel free to contact me privately with the specifications that you would like for the vehicle as well as your zip code. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Friar1610

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal 2.4
I would be happy to try to locate the vehicle for you as well. Please feel free to contact me privately with the specifications that you would like for the vehicle as well as your zip code. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
Thank you but I put down a deposit today and will pick the car up Friday.

Friar1610

GottWhat

Shelby Township, MI
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo (T06)
It really doesn't cost that much more to run premium. Here is a copy and paste from what I said earlier...

Making a bump up to premium costs about 20¢ per gallon. If you drive 10,000 miles per year at 25 MPG, this increase will only cost you an extra $80 per year, which is $6.67 per month, $1.54 per week....

RegalDesire

4.6L Northstar Member
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal GS
Although most of the 2012s coming in are 2.4s where I live, there is also a Turbo Premium III on one lot that I can verify.

YYZRegalTurbo

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
It really doesn't cost that much more to run premium. Here is a copy and paste from what I said earlier...

Making a bump up to premium costs about 20¢ per gallon. If you drive 10,000 miles per year at 25 MPG, this increase will only cost you an extra $80 per year, which is $6.67 per month, $1.54 per week....
Lucky you, here the price is more like 20¢ per liter difference.:(

Friar1610

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal 2.4

Right you are and I hear ya'. For me it boils down to what meet my needs vs. what exceeds my needs. The 2.4 meets my needs so no sense in spending more either for the car or for the gas. I realize others may view it differently.

Friar1610

GottWhat

Shelby Township, MI
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo (T06)
Right you are and I hear ya'. For me it boils down to what meet my needs vs. what exceeds my needs. The 2.4 meets my needs so no sense in spending more either for the car or for the gas. I realize others may view it differently.

Friar1610
I understand, some people really just don't care about the extra power. Good luck, even with the 2.4L, should be fine car ;)

Best Auto Mats

Buick Ownership
Buick
I believe they are replacing it with the new 2.5L.

The 2.4L motor is being dropped, kinda sucks for those who purchased the 2.4
I'm not sure where you heard this but that is untrue. The 2.4L is being used for the future. It is mostly being paired with e-assist now except the regal is the only car that still has a non e-assist 2.4 from Buick.