2012 Buick Regal GS surging/hesitation @ 50-100% throttle/accel

Brad Wellsman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Been having an issue with my 2012 regal GS 6 spd manual. When getting on the throttle hard in any gear,you can hear the turbo spooling up normally but then you can feel/hear the turbo boosting on and off while the car sort of surges @ max boost while still increasing speed. I have no codes, replaced both cam actuators, replaced MAF sensor, inspected for boost leaks/vacuum leaks and cant seem to find any. Been searching for a while and cant find any other threads related to this. Found one but the guys clutch was slipping and was the issue with his. My clutch is good as i know what a slipping clutch feels like. HELP!!!!! I am a mechanic myself and re fuse to take it to the dealer as i dont want to hear the "no fault found" speach haha.

GSCortez559

CA, 559
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
Been having an issue with my 2012 regal GS 6 spd manual. When getting on the throttle hard in any gear,you can hear the turbo spooling up normally but then you can feel/hear the turbo boosting on and off while the car sort of surges @ max boost while still increasing speed. I have no codes, replaced both cam actuators, replaced MAF sensor, inspected for boost leaks/vacuum leaks and cant seem to find any. Been searching for a while and cant find any other threads related to this. Found one but the guys clutch was slipping and was the issue with his. My clutch is good as i know what a slipping clutch feels like. HELP!!!!! I am a mechanic myself and re fuse to take it to the dealer as i dont want to hear the "no fault found" speach haha.

Not sure if you’re referring to me lol. I had the same exact issue, thought it was my clutch going out but I was only able to recreate the issue like twice and I haven’t had the issue since. My buddy did do a shift point relearn on my TCM. Still haven’t had the issue come up. Kinda weird. I was going to take the car into the dealer but like I said I couldn’t recreate the problem so no use in paying or them to tell me they couldn’t recreate it either.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!