• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2012 Buick Regal GS Trunk Question

AmberK

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS Turbo
Hi! Recently got a new to us 2012 Regal GS and it's probably t he "newest" car we've ever owned, and pretty "fancy" for us, ha ha ha.... I don't know if they are all turbo, but she picks up REALLY quick. So quick that sometimes I am going wayyyyyy faster than I realize, oops. It's a manual and super fun! Earned my self a speeding reward the other night...ugh! But I digress...

Anyway...there are things I can't figure out even with the owners manual. Is the only way to open the trunk via the Key FOB? I read that there is something under the Buick emblem on the trunk that you can push and open it, but it doesn't happen.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
The button under the emblem will only work if the car is unlocked or if locked, the key fob is in the vicinity of the car.

AmberK

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS Turbo
Button on the drivers side door pocket.
Mine doesn't have one on the side door, it's so annoying and weird. I have to look for and dig out my fob all the time.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
The inside button was added in 2014. On yours you either use the key fob or, if you have the key with you, press under the logo on the rear and trunk will open. That switch is prone to breaking at some point but it is a quick and inexpensive repair.

Turboshawn

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS awd. 1987 Buick Grand National
Do the other buttons on the key fob work...

JONNYESS

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick
If the relay itself is on the way out...FOB will not ALWAYS work.

I had to keep trying it to get the trunk open for repair in lieu of climbing thru back seat for emergency release :-/

carl3pedals

NJ
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
The other way to open the trunk is to have your fob and iPhone in your pocket at the same time - by accident.
Someone had mentioned in another thread a method to add a relay to prevent accidental openings, but I forget where.
Could someone please add a pointer to that thread here?

Pedal Commander