• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2012 Enclave temporary brake failure

MikeB63

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Enclave
Recently had an accident in stop and go traffic. Was driving on the start of a vacation and drove from CT to GA. Traffic was stopped and we began to move, maybe 15-20 mph when the brake lights in front of us came on. Hit the brakes and nothing. Hit a tractor trailer in front hard enough to stall the car, but not hard enough to deploy air bags. Started the car and the brakes worked again. Had the car repaired. The only thing that came up on the vehicle scan at the collision center related to the brakes was a "module failure - wheel sensor". I have been driving the car for 2 weeks without issue. We have no idea what happened or if it will again. Haven't taken it to Buick yet as I figure driving it a bit may register codes that may have been erased. Anyone have this happen before or can anyone offer any expanation

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
If you have a sensor failure your ABS is disabled.
did the pedal go to the floor or was it rock hard?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Has anybody checked the brake fluid level?
With the car running and in park, if you step really hard on the pedal does it go to the floor?

MikeB63

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Enclave
Has anybody checked the brake fluid level?
With the car running and in park, if you step really hard on the pedal does it go to the floor?
I can’t say that I have, but the brakes have functioned normally since the car was started following the accident (12/20). I have been driving it and have stomped on the brakes and the cars stops as expected. This is the confusing part of the whole thing. When the accident occurred, it was as if a brake line broke or the master cylinder went, but then they returned to normal.

Turbo Buick Badge