• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2012 GS DRL's

JHL88

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
Driving down the road i noticed my left DRL wont come on. Is there replacement lights for those are do I have to buy a whole new housing?

agaric

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
The owner's manual for mine shows how to replace the bulbs of the DRLs.

Oneill5491

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS, 2010 LaCrosse CXS, 99 Regal GS
I see you own a 2012 Regal GS as I do. I was involved in a front-end collision with mine and decided to rebuild it myself. The replacement HID housings are ridiculously expensive. I decided to try and save some money by buying some replacement salvage ones on eBay. I lucked out on one, but the other had a problem with that "eyebrow" LED DRL. When I inspected it closely to see if it was serviceable, I determined that all the components related to the DRL were in a sealed part of the housing that was not serviceable. I had to return it and buy a factory new one for about $700.

So sorry to say, but if you want that repaired and you have determined that it isn't a wiring issue leading up to the connector at the back of the housing, you'll have to replace the entire thing.

JHL88

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
I see you own a 2012 Regal GS as I do. I was involved in a front-end collision with mine and decided to rebuild it myself. The replacement HID housings are ridiculously expensive. I decided to try and save some money by buying some replacement salvage ones on eBay. I lucked out on one, but the other had a problem with that "eyebrow" LED DRL. When I inspected it closely to see if it was serviceable, I determined that all the components related to the DRL were in a sealed part of the housing that was not serviceable. I had to return it and buy a factory new one for about $700.

So sorry to say, but if you want that repaired and you have determined that it isn't a wiring issue leading up to the connector at the back of the housing, you'll have to replace the entire thing.
I was afraid of that. They have some Chinese replacements off Ebay for like $600 that look close to OEM. Might give them a try but itll have to wait. My tire blew out on the way to work this afternoon and Im without a car until Tuesday. Decided to get all 4 replaced since they're not new and the front and rears are different brands (that's how it came when I bought it last October)

agaric

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
The 14-17 Regal DRL's have replaceable bulbs.
The 12 might be different so check your owners manual

Oneill5491

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS, 2010 LaCrosse CXS, 99 Regal GS
I was afraid of that. They have some Chinese replacements off Ebay for like $600 that look close to OEM. Might give them a try but itll have to wait. My tire blew out on the way to work this afternoon and Im without a car until Tuesday. Decided to get all 4 replaced since they're not new and the front and rears are different brands (that's how it came when I bought it last October)
NOOO! Good thing you mentioned that. Sorry for the late reply. Hopefully you haven't purchased those yet.

Like you, I was CLOSELY looking at those too as an alternative to the OEM ones, but the problem is, they are to retrofit Regals that have standard halogen housings and thus the connector is only compatible with Regals with stock halogen headlight assemblies. From what I saw, they don't even have the section on the underside where the silver HID ballast unit connects to. Purchased as-is, they only run standard halogen bulbs inside a projection housing, but alternatively they can be used in conjunction with aftermarket HID retrofit kits (sometimes included with those) that connects the standard halogen bulb connector to the aftermarket HID ballast and then runs to the HID bulb. But again, that only works if the wire harness is from a Regal running halogens as the PIN-out is different on HID equipped models from what I remember seeing in photographs.

So I'm pretty sure these will not work for you. You'll have to acquire an OEM one. Keep an eye out on eBay and you can also try calling up various salvage yards that have the part found on car-part.com, though I've found very few offer them in reasonable condition at reasonable prices.

Pedal Commander