2012 Regal GS Shift grind into 2nd and 3rd

2012gsguy

USA
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS manual, roof, 19's in White Diamond
Since this past winter with the cod weather my car grinds and is hard to shift into 2nd and 3rd. This only happens when its below 20 degrees or so. And its bad...like not using the clutch bad. On those same nights if you use more than 75% gas it also slips when in gear on 3rd 4th and 5th gear. Above 35 degrees NO ISSUES AT ALL! I feel like the slave cylinder is slowly realesign the clutch at low temps...THE problem is I work for the dealer and they are afraid to open a case because I work there!!! Thats freaking BS! I have worked for Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, Mercedes, and Nissan and was never told that it would be an issue to get something fixed due to being an employee. I feel the clutch is shot due to a cold weather slave cylinder faiure and it should be warranty. It has 17,901 miles on it and I have NEVER had a clutch failure in all my years driving .Again as you all may know I had a 785RWHP Mustang BOSS 302 running 18PSI and supercharged and had the factory clutch....no issues!! If you know how to drive then even with 3x spec'd power you can make things work! Please HELP!!!!!! BTW 785RWHP is OVER 1100 ENGINE HP with the blower and parasitic drag... just sick

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_1110_twin_screw_supercharger_install_kenne_boss/

and the dyno video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu8_380WJeM

That was on c16 and 18.5lbs boost on stock motor and 8250 RPM 5.0 Roadrunner(Boss forged version of Coyote v8)

So I know how to drive and not abuse...

kranz38

Crown Point
Buick Ownership
Regal GS
mines in the dealer as we speak... the trans is shipping from Detroit. Mine does it from 1-2 and the tech drove it a half hour he said it happened twice, to the point he thought he didn't use the clutch. GM wont allow you to open the trans, they will just send you a new one. I'm assuming it is a defect, hopefully a new trans fixes it.

VehicleCityGS

Buick Ownership
Buick
That's bull man. Either your dealer dose to much shady stuff and is affraid GM will deny the repair and they will have to eat it. Or the management is a bunch of dicks.

Has one of the techs driven it? If they have, have them back you up that there is an issue. Other option is just take it to a different dealer as a customer, you are allowed a rental covered by your warranty.

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
E92 M3, E46 330, E24 635CSi
mines in the dealer as we speak... the trans is shipping from Detroit. Mine does it from 1-2 and the tech drove it a half hour he said it happened twice, to the point he thought he didn't use the clutch. GM wont allow you to open the trans, they will just send you a new one. I'm assuming it is a defect, hopefully a new trans fixes it.

This. I had the same problem, from 1st into 2nd. Happened pretty much until the synchros failed and I could no longer hold the shifter in 2nd gear. They just junked the old one and got me a new unit. Now, I can't tell you the last time I've grinded/ground(?) a gear.

brfield

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
I noticed mine making a weird sound I have never heard before from a trans between 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4. It was about 23 degrees. I have 300 miles on my 12 GS...
It was kind of like grinding, but more of a whine/chirp. so hard to describe.

cubaniche

Buick Ownership
Buick
Whining sound is usually the synchros. But it should only do that when downshifting at speed.

Not the first time I hear about issues with the manual tranny on the GS.

Good luck on getting your issues fixed guys!

brfield

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
Whining sound is usually the synchros. But it should only do that when downshifting at speed.

Not the first time I hear about issues with the manual tranny on the GS.

Good luck on getting your issues fixed guys!
Yeah, I know what the syncros sound like when down shifting, as I use it for controlling speed on hills. It definitely isn't that, and it happens on the up-shift.

Detroit, USA
Since this past winter with the cod weather my car grinds and is hard to shift into 2nd and 3rd. This only happens when its below 20 degrees or so. And its bad...like not using the clutch bad. On those same nights if you use more than 75% gas it also slips when in gear on 3rd 4th and 5th gear. Above 35 degrees NO ISSUES AT ALL! I feel like the slave cylinder is slowly realesign the clutch at low temps...THE problem is I work for the dealer and they are afraid to open a case because I work there!!! Thats freaking BS! I have worked for Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, Mercedes, and Nissan and was never told that it would be an issue to get something fixed due to being an employee. I feel the clutch is shot due to a cold weather slave cylinder faiure and it should be warranty. It has 17,901 miles on it and I have NEVER had a clutch failure in all my years driving .Again as you all may know I had a 785RWHP Mustang BOSS 302 running 18PSI and supercharged and had the factory clutch....no issues!! If you know how to drive then even with 3x spec'd power you can make things work! Please HELP!!!!!! BTW 785RWHP is OVER 1100 ENGINE HP with the blower and parasitic drag... just sick

2012gsguy,

Sincere apologies to read of your Regal concerns. I understand that you're seeking thoughts and opinions, but send me a message if you want us to further investigate this concern with your dealer, or if you'd like to get an official diagnosis at a second GM dealer. We will then reach out to the designated Customer Experience Manager for additional assistance in these matters. If not, feel free to PM us your VIN so we may check our resources for any recalls.

Kind regards,

William R. (assisting Jessica)
Buick Customer Care

2012gsguy

USA
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS manual, roof, 19's in White Diamond
2012gsguy,

Sincere apologies to read of your Regal concerns. I understand that you're seeking thoughts and opinions, but send me a message if you want us to further investigate this concern with your dealer, or if you'd like to get an official diagnosis at a second GM dealer. We will then reach out to the designated Customer Experience Manager for additional assistance in these matters. If not, feel free to PM us your VIN so we may check our resources for any recalls.

Kind regards,

William R. (assisting Jessica)
Buick Customer Care

The problem is I AM the CEM for my dealership...conflict of interest?? I am so frustrated...

kranz38

Crown Point
Buick Ownership
Regal GS
Call corporate, that's compete crap... Why u can't just order another one is beyond me, go to another dealer.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!