2012 Regal replaced front rotors

Wes Hairston

2012 Regal
Experienced low pedal after changing rotors and pads up front. Will the calibration using the removal of the EPB module fuse process address this?

MelsRegal

Staff member
Regal GS 2017
Not sure why you would think the parking brake would be related to a low pedal caused by work in the front.
When you were doing the front work did the master cylinder go dry or did you open a bleed screw on a front caliper or completely remove a caliper?

Last edited:

Wes Hairston

2012 Regal
Not sure why you would think the parking brake would be related to a low pedal caused by work in the front.
When you were doing the front work did the master cylinder go dry or did you open a bleed screw on a front caliper?
Not that I recall. Because several sites I’ve checked say that process should be used to address low pedal. Going to try it this afternoon. Don’t think it can hurt anything. Do you?

Wes Hairston

2012 Regal
Not that I recall. Because several sites I’ve checked say that process should be used to address low pedal. Going to try it this afternoon. Don’t think it can hurt anything. Do you?
C302314A-5A40-4C53-AE5A-A75F51BF5F2A.jpeg C302314A-5A40-4C53-AE5A-A75F51BF5F2A.jpeg

MelsRegal

Staff member
Regal GS 2017
Did you do the work or a shop?
You stated not that you recall, does that mean the master may have run dry or you may have opened anything that caused brake fluid loss?

Wes Hairston

2012 Regal
Did you do the work or a shop?
You stated not that you recall, does that mean the master may have run dry or you may have opened anything that caused brake fluid loss?
Been traveling and dealing with health issues since I replaced the front brake pads and rotors in October. It’s not a primary vehicle and has been sitting in driveway since Ieft October 29th. Get back to you later once I try the “quick” calibration that says addresses “low pedal”. Thanks

Wes Hairston

2012 Regal
Been traveling and dealing with health issues since I replaced the front brake pads and rotors in October. It’s not a primary vehicle and has been sitting in driveway since Ieft October 29th. Get back to you later once I try the “quick” calibration that says addresses “low pedal”. Thanks
just over 60k miles and only has been back to dealer for oil changes and tire rotations since by wife bought it at 9k in 2014. Only other repair I did at about 45-50k was replace faulty cam sensors

Wes Hairston

2012 Regal
just over 60k miles and only has been back to dealer for oil changes and tire rotations since by wife bought it at 9k in 2014. Only other repair I did at about 45-50k was replace faulty cam sensors
After sitting over the Winter I plan to have the transmission fluid changed since it’s recommended at 60k. I’ve been warned not to have it flushed. Any thoughts on that? Of all the GM cars I’ve had over the past 60 years I never had a transmission failure nor had one flushed.

Robert1955

2016 Regal Turbo
Unless there is something special with our cars a low pedal is normal when you first start your car after a front brake job. Start your car and stay in park, press your brake pedal several times to push the piston back into contact with the new pads. The parking brake is on the rear only.

Mackiesback

MInnesota
2017 Buick Regal Premium II-Trifecta Tune
After sitting over the Winter I plan to have the transmission fluid changed since it’s recommended at 60k. I’ve been warned not to have it flushed. Any thoughts on that? Of all the GM cars I’ve had over the past 60 years I never had a transmission failure nor had one flushed.
Who warned you not to have it flushed? I have never heard that being a detriment when doing it on schedule. I did my trans on schedule in my 2011 and the trans blew up at 125k. They wanted $4500 to fix it so I scrapped the car. It’s not a common fault buy I guess I am the lucky one.

MelsRegal

Staff member
Regal GS 2017
If you have a pan full of debris, flushing as opposed to dropping the pan, scatters that debris throughout the transmission

ThatsNotABuick!

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo M6
I never recommend flushing. In fact several manufacturers are against that. The drain and fill is the best technique, though it takes about 4-5 times to get the majority of old fluid out.

Mrlogic313

Buick Newbie
Detroit, Mi.
2012 Buick Regal GS 6MT
Who warned you not to have it flushed? I have never heard that being a detriment when doing it on schedule. I did my trans on schedule in my 2011 and the trans blew up at 125k. They wanted $4500 to fix it so I scrapped the car. It’s not a common fault buy I guess I am the lucky one.
I always heard that a flush wasn't good, but a drain, fill, and trans filter change is. Not sure about the Aisin trans, but that has been successful for me in the past. When your trans went was it any warnings? What happened when it did?

Mackiesback

MInnesota
2017 Buick Regal Premium II-Trifecta Tune
I always heard that a flush wasn't good, but a drain, fill, and trans filter change is. Not sure about the Aisin trans, but that has been successful for me in the past. When your trans went was it any warnings? What happened when it did?
Day 1...slipped out of 2nd gear a couple times and was slow to go into reverse. Day 2, wouldn’t go into 2nd at all, reverse barely worked, threw a CEL and barely made it a mile to the dealership. Metal shavings everywhere they said.

There is no harm in a complete flush.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!