2013 Buick Encore Compact Crossover

Sal Collaziano

Buick: World Class Luxury
Staff member
None right now

Best Auto Mats

Buick
I heard rumors the Encore is going to be based off of the Pontiac Vibe platform from a GM trainer, but who knows this vehicle is so far out. Buick needs to hurry up though because our dealership gets questions about them all the time! Unfortunately Buick development is not known for timely or quick response to consumer demands.

Windycitycarfan

Buick Newbie
Buick
I doubt that they will be using the Pontiac Vibe platform for the Buick Encore. Since 2009 the Vibe shared the Toyota Matrix platform and was built alongside Toyota Corollas at a joint venture (GM and Toyota) auto-plant in California. It was a great car ( I own a 2010 Vibe GT) and I would be happy if the Encore was built off of it, but the joint Venture between Toyota and GM died as a result of GMs restructuring a few years ago. The plant that built the Vibe has been closed and sold for over a year.

KingBuick

Washington, DC
2008 Volvo S60 2.5T
I heard rumors the Encore is going to be based off of the Pontiac Vibe platform from a GM trainer, but who knows this vehicle is so far out. Buick needs to hurry up though because our dealership gets questions about them all the time! Unfortunately Buick development is not known for timely or quick response to consumer demands.
I doubt that they will be using the Pontiac Vibe platform for the Buick Encore. Since 2009 the Vibe shared the Toyota Matrix platform and was built alongside Toyota Corollas at a joint venture (GM and Toyota) auto-plant in California. It was a great car ( I own a 2010 Vibe GT) and I would be happy if the Encore was built off of it, but the joint Venture between Toyota and GM died as a result of GMs restructuring a few years ago. The plant that built the Vibe has been closed and sold for over a year.
@Sportbike Rider: I don't think that that's going to happen anytime soon. As Windycitycarfan explained, Pontiac is long gone (almost 2 years, maybe even older, I haven't really been counting), and the Toyota-GM(Pontiac) venture is dead as well. GM is constantly building new cars on new platforms, so anything of the "old" GM is of the past. The "new" GM is trying to forget everything of the past for their company.

@Windycitycarfan: Agreed. Please see my response above.

KingBuick.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!