2013 Buick Verano goes dead after every dash code flashes

taz225

Buick Newbie
Buick
my 2013 verano had a melt down while driving it to work,with everything flashing and no gauge functions, I did shut off the side blind detectors,because iam not paying GM a fortune to replace them. This pos is on its last leg with 115k and would not start at all after leaving work. Had it towed,had 12.6 volts on the new battery. Heard if you disconnect the modules the car should run. Just sold a 2015 Impala LT because that was even worse then this car. Both purchased new . Need your help thanks

MelsRegal

Regal GS 2017
So you disconnected some unknown modules figuring that would cause the car to start?
Did you check both ends of both battery cables are clean and tight?
Can you check if the starter relay is bad by switching it with another?

taz225

Buick Newbie
Buick
I did not touch anything. I avoided the dealer so not to get hosed. I did not disconnect the side blind modules. Heard that on this post that if you disconnect the modules it will solve the problem. Having my mechanic look at it. If he cant fix it iam going to sell it as is on ebay Battery connections are fine. Did not check the starter relay

taz225

Buick Newbie
Buick
Update. Went to the mechanic and he said the verano pulled up a ton of codes. Also for some reason, the verano started up when he investigated it.

taz225

Buick Newbie
Buick
The car has been running since the modules have been disconnected The Kia dealer is giving me 2,220 as a trade after a killer deal because of covid. He explained that with a defective paint job,blind side module replacement and 116,098 miles thats what its worth as a trade. Took the money and ran lol. No more GM headaches ever again. My new warranty is ten years 100k and five 60 on the electrical.Glad i left the GM scam. These blind side detector problems are all over the net and affect many GM cars. Its a disgrace

Turbo Buick Badge