• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2013 Buick Verano Stalling when leaving Stop Light

matt1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Recently, my girlfriends car started stalling whenever she would stop at a light and then as soon as she hit the gas to take off it would just stall.
She is really scared to drive it and I was hoping for suggestions on fixing it.

When all this started her check engine light came on.
We took it to Auto Zone and the machine found 2 error codes listed below:

P0010 Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit / Open (Bank 1)
P0010 Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit / Open (Bank 1)

She ended up showing her cousin and he ordered 2 cam shaft position sensors.
He put the sensors in and then we unhooked the battery and the check engine light is off.
Now, when I drive the car and stop at a light and try to take off it stalls but not every single time. It seems the issue is a lot better but still unresolved.

I asked my girlfriend to show me the print out from auto zone and found that we had replaced the wrong parts even though it fixed the issue somewhat but not fully.

After reading up online and reading these codes I ended up ordering 2 parts:

1 - Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Control Valve Solenoid
1 - Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator Control Valve Solenoid

I am just waiting on the parts to arrive from shipping.

Does anyone know if this will fix the issue or possibly what else could be causing this??

Any comments would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

TheBeardedMann

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Verano
This will fix it for sure. Exactly the same thing happened to me. Be very careful with those plastic clips. I repeat, be very careful with the plastic clips holding the sensor wires.

Also, check your oil often. I bet you'll need to add a quart half way through your oil change cycles.

matt1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thanks for the quick response! Also, thank you for the heads up on the clips, I have watched a few videos on it and they make it look easy. But, I will definitely be careful with them now that you said that! If anyone is going to break something it will be me and without the warning I'm sure I would have broken the clips.

Thanks again!

matt1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Question: Did you break your plastic clips? If so what was the next step to fix them? I didn't get my parts yet but just curious how bad it was to replace them if that becomes the case.

TheBeardedMann

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Verano
I didn't, but I've read stories of people breaking them. It's not that bad if you do, it's still a snug fit on there. As far as replacing them, I have no idea.

matt1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thanks. Parts got delivered today. I will be installing them tonight, I will post a reply tomorrow on the results.

matt1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thanks guys. I replaced the parts last night. Unplugged battery first, replaced both pieces, test drove. All seems well, actually seems smoother than it did before we replaced everything camshaft sensor.
My girlfriend drove it to work today with no issues. Thanks for replying. Glad this was a simple fix. Would have cost a lot of money to take it to a mechanic and I will do whatever I can to prevent that.

Thanks again guys!

I'm sure I will be back in the future looking for more insight!

ScottS

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
matt1 do you remember what part numbers you ordered? I am having trouble finding them. While at AutoZone they ordered the cam shaft position sensors (they said it was the problem) and of course it did not fix it, so now I am trying to find the
1 - Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Control Valve Solenoid
1 - Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator Control Valve Solenoid and none of the part numbers I am finding online seem to e the right ones?

matt1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I found them on Amazon - Much cheaper then from the dealer or Auto Parts store and they are well made parts.
Here is the description and link to the ones I bought for the 2013 Buick Verano (No Turbo) although, these will fit a Verano with a Turbo.

Intake & Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Control Valve 12655420 12655421 Fit for GM Chevy Cobalt Malibu G5 G6 HHR Buick Pontiac 2.0L 2.2L 2.4L
You can access Amazon to find the parts at the link below.

http://a.co/da47JJP

ScottS

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thanks for the help guys! At the suggestion of Auto Zone I did buy the cam shaft position sensor even though my gut told me different and I should have listen to my gut because it did not fix it, I installed the Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Control Valve Solenoid today and the car now runs perfect once again. So if you have a stalling problem and get the codes make sure you replace the Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Control Valve Solenoid, you'll save yourself some time and Money!

Francine

Buick Ownership
Verano 2013
Thanks for heads up on Verano stalling issue. It happens when making left turns from stop position. Scary. I’ve got 2013 and I don’t drive much. (22,900 miles) I’m 65. This is my third BUICK since 1981! 😊

G-676298

Thanks for the help guys! At the suggestion of Auto Zone I did buy the cam shaft position sensor even though my gut told me different and I should have listen to my gut because it did not fix it, I installed the Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Control Valve Solenoid today and the car now runs perfect once again. So if you have a stalling problem and get the codes make sure you replace the Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Control Valve Solenoid, you'll save yourself some time and Money!
I did the same thing listen to auto zone ,thank God you are talking about this issue, saved me some headaches thanks

Pedal Commander