• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2013 encore reduced engine power ...

Acmac23

Buick Ownership
Encore
I have A 2013 encore that has had this kind of issues before and we have had it i to be shop for this before had it fixed now not even a year later and happening again. I’m pretty sure was throttle body or something like that I have seen Buick will or did extend the warranty on this problem does anyone know of this or herd of it before ?

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
What the P2101 code means
P2101 is an OBD-II generic code for the engine control module (ECM) detecting the throttle actuator control (TAC) went out of the range of the circuit causing an open circuit to be detected in the TAC motor.

P2101 - Possible causes

This link has a pretty extensive list of the causes and what is needed to repair it.