2013 Encore Release Date?

mmadden2

Northern VA
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
Since the 2013 model won't be out until "early 2013", I wonder when the 2014 model will be out- summer/fall of '13 like other manufacturers? Hope that's enough time for them to implement push button start and lose the mono blue DIC. I'm already looking forward to the 14's :D

kimzcar

Buick
What's up with the one armrest?:confused: Will wait for push button start, also. Like your wife, mmadden, I have not had to take my keys out of the bottom of my purse!

mmadden2

Northern VA
What's up with the one armrest?:confused: Will wait for push button start, also. Like your wife, mmadden, I have not had to take my keys out of the bottom of my purse!
Don't they do focus groups?

"To key or not to key, that is our next question. Not to key? Ok, you got it."
"And a show of hands for who thinks one arm rest is the best design, please just raise one arm."
"Given we think you can only afford one or the other, would you prefer lane departure warning or blind spot monitoring?"

Completely loaded w/ AWD the thing is under $32K, I think I could swing another $500-$1000 to add in the above missing features (you know, so I'd have them for the coming 10 years of my life).
I'm picturing myself sitting with Buick execs and being told that they won't be putting in the start button. I say that I won't be buying the car without it, they say "that's fine". I scratch my head

GTXgp

Las Colinas (DFW), TX
'12 Regal GS
I have seen it twice, at the Texas State Fair and the Ft Worth Auto Show. Both times it was on a podium or behind ropes so you couldn't get up close. I thought that was kinda dumb if they want people to be able to really check it out, instead they were treating it like a concept car or a Viper.

Also, I just got a note from my GM card that they are rounding up my earnings to $2k, but the Encore was not included in available 2013 models :-( They did a $3k roundup last year and I used that when I bought my GS.

Another car that popped up on my radar is the new Ford C-Max. To me, it seems about the same size and dimensions as the Encore... Leaning a bit more toward a hatchback niche than CUV niche, but I was looking at a 2wd Encore anyway so the capabilities are comparable. For about the same price you get all the same features plus some extras like a power liftgate AND it is a 47mpg hybrid to boot. Definitely something to consider.

Adam

mmadden2

Northern VA
I have seen it twice, at the Texas State Fair and the Ft Worth Auto Show. Both times it was on a podium or behind ropes so you couldn't get up close. I thought that was kinda dumb if they want people to be able to really check it out, instead they were treating it like a concept car or a Viper.

Also, I just got a note from my GM card that they are rounding up my earnings to $2k, but the Encore was not included in available 2013 models :-( They did a $3k roundup last year and I used that when I bought my GS.

Another car that popped up on my radar is the new Ford C-Max. To me, it seems about the same size and dimensions as the Encore... Leaning a bit more toward a hatchback niche than CUV niche, but I was looking at a 2wd Encore anyway so the capabilities are comparable. For about the same price you get all the same features plus some extras like a power liftgate AND it is a 47mpg hybrid to boot. Definitely something to consider.

Adam
I just got my $2000 top off as well and also noticed the Encore not listed on there. How many reward bucks did you have before the top off? I was at $1250. I'm under the impression that between $10 and $1500 they take you up to $2000 and between $1501 and $2000 they'll round you up to $3000 but if you have over $2000 you get nothing.

I was (optimistically) shooting for having > $1501 by the end of the year but just couldn't push any more money through the card in that amount of time (another $5000 will get me there). Should be very easy to do by next year though.

I've also seen the C-Max and have thought it was a reasonable car to consider. Problems for me are that I'm not a big fan of any Hybrids and their added level of complexity (though I'll admit all modern cars are super techno these days), I'm not a huge Ford fan, can't use GM bucks to get one, pretty sure wife wouldn't relinquish the LaCrosse (to me) in exchange for a C-Max. I showed her a picture, she gave it an eyeroll :D

GTXgp

Las Colinas (DFW), TX
'12 Regal GS
I used up all my GM card earnings when I bought the GS a year ago and I don't use the card as much lately, in favor of other reward cards... So I probably only have a couple hundred in earnings before the round-up. Last year I believe I had around $900 when they rounded me to $3000. However, all of that is moot since the round-up is not applicable on the Encore and it will be subject to regular redemption amounts... Probably $1k since it is a new model.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some GM-card earnings, I believe I have a lifetime redemption somewhere around $12-15k. It just sucks when you can't use all of it on the car you want!

Adam

mmadden2

Northern VA
Last year I believe I had around $900 when they rounded me to $3000.

Adam
Any way to double check that? I'm hoping for $3,000 next year (fell short this year when my $1250 GM bucks turned into $2000)

I'm under the impression that...

10-1500 bucks get you $2000 top off
1501-2000 bucks gets you $3000 top off

Maybe it's not hard and fast but I'm assuming that based off this FAQ from some dealer posting last year.

GTXgp

Las Colinas (DFW), TX
'12 Regal GS
hmmm... apparantly I am remembering it wrong. Here is a snapshot of my January statement when I redeemed:

I guess when I was thinking $3k it was actually $2k roundup but then $1k bonus offer (like they are doing now). I went back to my paperwork from when I bought the car and it isn't itemizing the GM card redemption... just the $8k in total allowances I got off the purchase price.

mmadden2

Northern VA
$8k is awesome, I'm kinda jealous. I paid $33,975 vs sticker of $41,350 so I was only to get them down $7,375.

I'm glad I bought when I did (2012 model), the prices of things just seem to keep going up. I paid $195 for the Carbon Black Metallic paint, now on the '13 LaCrosses they want $495 for it, same for the Verano & Enclave. Even crazier is $995 for Black Diamond Tricoat on the new Regal, sheesh now GM thinks everyone wants to pay Caddy prices. The Encore still lists CBM as a $195 upcharge, I might pick it just for that :)

Last edited:

mmadden2

Northern VA
Just got back from test driving a Encore Premium. Super nice, I like it quite a bit better than the Verano as it has much much more rear leg room. Overall it's a great little car but the lack of passive entry and push button start is still a deal breaker for us at least for this year. Guess we'll see what changes 2014 brings.

They had a White Pearl Premium, a Black Leather, and a Cocoa Convenience. All very sharp looking, I think they'll sell well.

FWIW, the 7" intellilink screen is not a touch screen, I assumed it was.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!