• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2013 GS Brake Issues

cajun98

Buick Newbie
Louisiana
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS 6mt
Driving along, everything normal then get a chime and instrument cluster warning lights flashing. End up with the E-brake warning light and Brake Warning light staying on. If you try to set the E-brake, you can hear the motor run but the brake won't stay engaged unless you hold the switch up for about 5 seconds. What says the brain trust as to where to look first. Everything works fine except for setting the E-brake.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
Last edited:

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
It's not a guess, if the motor and the switch work it must be the control module. And using logic it's obvious that the module would be the only thing that would keep the brake pads engaged. The switch just turns the parking brake on or off and the motor pulls and releases the parking brake cable, but it's the control module that sends a signal to the motor to hold the cable tight.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The module may just need calibration as opposed to replacement and if the module is in question. You may want to try this first before getting to involved in buying parts.

Calibration without Scan Tool
1. Ignition ON, apply and hold the brake pedal.
2. Push and hold the electric parking brake switch down for 5-6 seconds.
3. Release the electric parking brake switch.
4. Momentarily push the electric parking brake switch down.
5. Remove the EPB MODULE fuse and reinstall.
6. Apply the electric parking brake.
7. Release the electric parking brake.

MKz2017PremII

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal Premium II AWD Turbo
The module may just need calibration as opposed to replacement and if the module is in question. You may want to try this first before getting to involved in buying parts.

Calibration without Scan Tool
1. Ignition ON, apply and hold the brake pedal.
2. Push and hold the electric parking brake switch down for 5-6 seconds.
3. Release the electric parking brake switch.
4. Momentarily push the electric parking brake switch down.
5. Remove the EPB MODULE fuse and reinstall.
6. Apply the electric parking brake.
7. Release the electric parking brake.
Before I spend any $$$ on a potential electrical repair, I learned early on to remove/reinstall the associated fuse first. In most cases that's all that needs to be done. Good advise and I hope it works.

Turbo Buick Badge