2013 Lacrosse 3.6 LFX-Rear spark plugs

Smith1000

Buick Ownership
Buick
Anyone ever change the rear plugs on this engine? Do I really have to remove the intake manifold, or will the engine possibly rotate forward by disconnecting a motor mount? Haynes manual says to remove the intake manifold.

FD611V

A spot somewhere between the Atlantic and Pacific
Buick Ownership
2006 Buick Lacrosse CXL1956 Buick Century, 1978 Buick Regal, 1988 Buick Centrury, 1999 Buick Lasabre
Actually it is much easier to remove the rear side plugs from underneath. But that requires you to put the car on a lift. And that is where the expense(s) come in play, as the dealer will sock it to you in labor charges, and well at a service station that may do the job.
There is a procedure you can do. There is a YouTube video showing you must remove the brackets ...motor mounts) and rotate the engine forward.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
This should help on what is involved, but you may want to confirm the clearance before starting. Not sure what that other post is in reference to.

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
If it is the same as my 2010 3.6 it can't be too complicated/tedious as my independent mechanic didn't complain when I picked up my car after he changed the plugs for me.

Smith1000

Buick Ownership
Buick
The video above has a different intake manifold on it than the 2013 LaCrosse I have. Also, the air intake is on the opposite side. Less clearance on the LaCrosse, from what I can tell. It has a flatter intake that goes back all the way to the firewall.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Sorry it was listed as a Lacrosse, but there is a free Chilton manual online, see link below on the forum go to post #40 for information on how and what is involved to login, it may help as it shows the intake removal process for the spark plugs.

Smith1000

Buick Ownership
Buick
No prob. I watched a couple of Youtube videos and I think it can be done fairly easily by removing the intake manifold bolts first. It looks like the throttle body can remain attached. There are a few clips and other hoses to remove. Looks like it is best to remove the manifold bolts first and then only remove other stuff, as needed, to allow enough room to slide it forward.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
It is a little tight in there, glad you found the right information, again it's was a posted video of Lacrosse also but may have been only engine reference.

As a side note I would pay big money to see someone change those plugs on a lift LOL.

Smith1000

Buick Ownership
Buick
In the video, it appears there is at least one plug, I think it is the #1 cylinder, that will not clear the manifold unless the manifold is removed. The coil packs are attached and drop about 5 to 6 inches in and need clearance to slide out. Looks like sliding the manifold forward about 4 to 5 inches will be enough clearance.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!