2013 Lacrosse driver's power seat, rear height adjustment stuck "up"

jhonmason

2012 Enclave, 2013 Lacrosse Hybrid
The front height adjustment works fine. When I try to lower the rear, I can hear a slight 'thunk' under the seat and see the actuator motor case move slightly. It's like the gearbox is frozen, and when the motor tries to turn against it, it forces the motor case to move just a bit.
Any tips on removing/fixing/replacing the gearbox? I don't even see how to get the seat out.

Last edited:

Bonze72

Lesabre
The front height adjustment works fine. When I try to lower the rear, I can hear a slight 'thunk' under the seat and see the actuator motor case move slightly. It's like the gearbox is frozen, and when the motor tries to turn against it, it forces the motor case to move just a bit.
Any tips on removing/fixing/replacing the gearbox? I don't even see how to get the seat out.
Busted gear in the box should be bolts on the rear of the seat tracks to remove it I think the front just slides and anchors in I’ve repaired I few gm seat tracks with brass gear from ebay or getting a seat from a junk yard and using just the tracks

jhonmason

Busted gear in the box should be bolts on the rear of the seat tracks to remove it I think the front just slides and anchors in I’ve repaired I few gm seat tracks with brass gear from ebay or getting a seat from a junk yard and using just the tracks
Thanks, Bonze.

G-790855

Thanks again, Bonze; yep, one star pattern bolt on the back of each track. Separated the gearbox from the motor, messed with it a little bit, and something came unstuck (still not exactly sure what). Put it back together and it works like a charm!

jhonmason

Absolutely right, Bonze; one star pattern bolt at the rear of each track. I got the motor unscrewed from the gearbox, messed around with it a bit, and something came unstuck (still not sure what). Put it back together and it works like new!

Thanks again!

Bonze72

Lesabre
Absolutely right, Bonze; one star pattern bolt at the rear of each track. I got the motor unscrewed from the gearbox, messed around with it a bit, and something came unstuck (still not sure what). Put it back together and it works like new!

Thanks again!
Great hope it keeps working for you

Get your turbo buick badge right here!