• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2013 LaCrosse timing cover gasket leak

bn1

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse 2013
My lube tech advised the last 2 oil changes that I have a leak at the timing cover gasket, 1st noted at under 50K miles, now 54K miles. He advised that this Buick engine has a history of this problem and that Buick may have some extended warranty program in placefor the repair. Does anyone know or is anyone else have this issue?

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
I'd snug up the cover bolts, not much difference between that and valve cover gaskets (bit more sloshing of oil?). No pressure build ups to speak of, not like fuel or antifreeze seepage.

I'd also check PCV system as that has fresh air intake and reburn of internal vapors for any blockage.

Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
There was a notice on this being a possible problem, see the two attachments as it only goes into diagnosis and not the repair. There's been timing cover, oil pan, seals and oil filter areas that have had leaks so before doing anything inspect for the cause of the leak then proceed.

Attachments

AbrahamRobert

Buick Newbie
MN
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Lacrosse Premium II AWD, 2012 Buick Lacrosse CXL Premium II, 2008 Buick Lucerne CXL
Had the timing cover gasket replaced on my 13 LaCrosse a couple months ago which was covered under the 70k mile powertrain warranty. Might be worth taking it to the dealer to see if they'll take care of it for you.

bn1

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse 2013
Thank you, is that part of the initial warrantee when you purchase the car? I am the original owner, but also a female, so don’t necessarily understand all the caveats

AbrahamRobert

Buick Newbie
MN
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Lacrosse Premium II AWD, 2012 Buick Lacrosse CXL Premium II, 2008 Buick Lucerne CXL
Thank you, is that part of the initial warrantee when you purchase the car? I am the original owner, but also a female, so don’t necessarily understand all the caveats
Hello and good morning. Apologies for the delay, not getting notifications from this site for some reason. If you create a account at https://my.buick.com/, you'll have the option to see which warranties are active, as well as any recalls. It will ask for your VIN so be sure to have that handy.

bn1

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse 2013
Hello and good morning. Apologies for the delay, not getting notifications from this site for some reason. If you create a account at https://my.buick.com/, you'll have the option to see which warranties are active, as well as any recalls. It will ask for your VIN so be sure to have that handy.

bn1

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse 2013
Thank you for your initial post. I took my 2013 to the dealer and they immediately inspected and then repaired the gasket timing cover leak under the Power Train warranty. I cannot thank you enough for posting your info, it saved me nearly $2,000. I recommend this forum to all Buick owners.👍

AbrahamRobert

Buick Newbie
MN
Buick Ownership
Thank you for your initial post. I took my 2013 to the dealer and they immediately inspected and then repaired the gasket timing cover leak under the Power Train warranty. I cannot thank you enough for posting your info, it saved me nearly $2,000. I recommend this forum to all Buick owners.👍
Perfect! Glad to hear you got it all taken care of. Have a great day :)