• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2013 Noise Cancelling Oddity

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Buick Ownership
Encore
Took the Encore to Nashville last week..... Going, we packed lite and all was well. Returning, we brought home a carload of equipment and found an oddity with the Noise Cancelling Subwoofer.

We had packed car the night before, jumped in the next morning and upon startup..... at idle - we heard a feedback'ish low rumble at ? 800 ? RPM. I turned off the radio & still heard it. Also noticed it would go away above 800, but return around 1900 RPM only to go away at higher RPM's.

Opened the hood just to have a quick look & did not notice anything unusual, Oil Level was good - so we drove home.

The rear was packed up to the ceiling and I started to wonder if it was the Noise Cancelling System....

Sure enough, once home & empty the car was fine, no return of the issue.

So apparently having the rear ceiling "mikes" covered up can cause the system (which I still to this day wonder IF it really does anything) - to go kinda haywire :)

X E Ryder

Norcal
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Encore Essence, 1997 Buick Regal GS modded
That's quite interesting. Wonder if something you packed was resonating at those frequencies like a drum. I've unplugged mine and driven around and it definitely helps. Seems like it just reverses phase on any background clutter.