• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2013 Regal Turbo

Mcgeehan1993

Buick Ownership
2013 Regal Premium I turbo
I can no longer open the trunk with the keyfob in my pocket. I can use the button on the fob to release the trunk. Everything else works as it should. Doors, remote start, etc...

djbos728

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 2014 Buick Regal Turbo
The release switch on the trunk on these is notorious for failing. It's not a difficult fix to do yourself. I did mine a few weeks ago. You just have to pull the trim piece off and replace that switch in there. I believe there is at least one thread on here detailing how to do that.

EDIT: Here it is: How to Replace Exterior Trunk Release Switch

Last edited:

Mcgeehan1993

Buick Ownership
2013 Regal Premium I turbo
The release switch on the trunk on these is notorious for failing. It's not a difficult fix to do yourself. I did mine a few weeks ago. You just have to pull the trim piece off and replace that switch in there. I believe there is at least one thread on here detailing how to do that.

EDIT: Here it is: How to Replace Exterior Trunk Release Switch
Thanks

TurboLover

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
2011 Regal Turbo (T03) - 6 sp manual & 2013 Verano Turbo
Mine failed a couple years back as well...quick fix as mentioned.

Pedal Commander