2013 Rotors

asdx1234

Buick Ownership
2013 Encore
Hello

Just purchased a 2013 Encore AWD with 91k for $8,000. Been looking for one about 8 months. It has brown leather interior, sunroof, bose, many options. It's in really great shape. Very happy with it so far.

The brakes are vibrating when stopping. Not terribly so, but enough to bother me. I ordered some rotors/pads. I am going to put rotors on the back too as they are badly gouged/deep scratches.

I can't find any youtube videos for encore but did see some enclave ones which show nothing special, but I have no idea how similar the two cars are.

Anything special about removing the calipers and rotors or just basic tools?

Any star bolts, allen wrenches or just standard tools?

Really appreciate it.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

asdx1234

Buick Ownership
2013 Encore
Hard to find threads where anyone posts what you need to do something so here you go.

As mentioned you will need a tool to twist the caliper pistons back into the caliper. I rented this tool from autozone, paid a deposit, and got my money back when I returned the tool. It worked fine, and it will also push the front pistons back into the caliper without needing a C-Clamp.

The calipers front and rear are held on by two 10mm bolts.

The rear caliper bracket bolts which you have to remove to take off the rotors are 15mm. You may also need a 25Torx bit to remove the little screw holding the rotors to the hub.

The front caliper bracket bolts which you have to remove to take off the rotors are 18mm. You may also need a 25Torx bit to remove the little screw holding the rotors to the hub.

The front caliper bracket bolts are tough to remove. I broke a cheap auto zone ratchet. I had to use a large 18mm wrench, and a hammer. There is not enough room to get a prybar up under there unless you have the car on a lift. I noticed they had orange loc tite on them. I had to hammer on them the entire way to get these bolts off.

The rear caliper bracket bolts came off easily, but they may have been off the car before.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners