2013 Verano electrical problem

Mgoodacre

2013 verano
Yesterday I get in my car and the blower motor for my A/C won't kick on. I push the button to Max and nothing comes out. I also noticed my door lock/unlock button does not work and my trunk release button also does not work. I drove the vehicle the day before with no issues. I tried to plug the OBD2 scanner into it and it will not link to the car. I have checked all fuses and relays, all are fine. Has anyone else had this problem? It does have an airbag light on (the dealership wants $800 to fix it cause I missed the recall window) and a check engine light on for the cam sensor. Last year it experienced a radio malfunction, where the screen would either remain black or would freeze. The dealership did an update and it fixed the radio.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Search the Verano forum regarding the negative battery cable problem and see if what others had are the same problems, that may be the repair.

Mgoodacre

2013 verano
Update: It now seems to be an intermediate problem. I got in the car yesterday 10am and everything was fully functional. I get in the car at 5pm that afternoon and nothing was working, by 5:15 everything was functioning again. This morning I get in the car and nothing is working, I drove it to work anyway and door locks, a/c and trunk still don't function.

Last edited:

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Totally sounds exactly what 2007LucerneCXL said... negative battery cable.

Should be able to get a new one from the dealer and should be easy to swap or have them do it if your not into fixing your own cars.

Turbo Buick Badge