• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2013 Verano Fuel consumption shoots up

Vony

Toronto, Canada
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
So I have the Average Fuel Consumption indicator displayed and it keeps going up to about 30 or 35 with normal driving till I enter the highway where it eventually goes down to about 9. Is this normal? I thought maybe its just warming up but 35 is crazy. Anyone else have this issue?
Thanks,
Von

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
9 is not normal on the highway.
Do you have a check engine light on?
Do you ever smell a gasoline odor?

Vony

Toronto, Canada
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
No check engine. Gas smell very little but only in the back, don't think its an issue. On the highway it can go as low as 7.5. It varies....

Vony

Toronto, Canada
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
I'm not on MPG by the way. I'm on L/100km. Verano average city is 11, and highway 7.5. So my car is actually pretty normal, aside from going to 35...

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
That explanation makes more sense now. I assume you are in Canada?
You are sure you are on average, not instantaneous?
If you are on average, are you resetting the reading to zero prior to getting the 35 reading?

Vony

Toronto, Canada
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
Must b the Canada cold weather. Once it gets to operating temp numbers make sense. I'm on average for sure. But warming up is just ridiculous at 35.

Turbo Buick Badge