2013 Verano Sunroof stuck open in vent position

joemassei

Buick Newbie
Buick
Hello, Hoping for the reset procedure. Buick service had to replace the battery a few months ago. Tried to open the sunroof this weekend and there was no response from either switch. Looked in the manual and it says it needs to be reset after power failure in order to function. Found a thread on a Buick group that suggested holding the switch halfway down, 1st position for 15 seconds. Did this. Sunroof opened to vent position. Now what? It won't open any further, won't close. Can't get to service for a few days.

thanks

Spriteman

Central Florida
1998 Buick Park Avenue - Base - 132K Miles
Pull the -NEG battery cable for 15 mins - that may allow the motor to remember where the sunroof is.

If that doesn't work I think I remember a reset procedure I may be able to find - let me know.

joemassei

Buick Newbie
Buick
Thanks, but I don't really have the tools to pull off the cable. Was hoping for a reset procedure within the car.

Detroit, USA
Hello Joe,

Sorry to hear you are having this concern with your sunroof. Have you been able to get it closed yet? Please let me know if you would like for me to reach out to your dealership on your behalf. Private message me your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership name.

Erica Tiffany
Buick Customer Care

Detroit, USA
Hello, Hoping for the reset procedure. Buick service had to replace the battery a few months ago. Tried to open the sunroof this weekend and there was no response from either switch. Looked in the manual and it says it needs to be reset after power failure in order to function. Found a thread on a Buick group that suggested holding the switch halfway down, 1st position for 15 seconds. Did this. Sunroof opened to vent position. Now what? It won't open any further, won't close. Can't get to service for a few days.

thanks
Hi joemassei,

I am sorry you are experiencing frustration trying to operate your power sunroof. Unfortunately, I am not a certified technician and we are unable to offer technical advice regarding vehicle concerns. The sunroof must be reset by your dealer. I would be happy to contact your dealer and set up an appointment.

Kenneth M.
Buick Customer Care

Spriteman

Central Florida
1998 Buick Park Avenue - Base - 132K Miles
Try this reset procedure - it's for an older model but most of the time they work the same:

- Press the sunroof switch to the close position until the window stops at the front soft stop in the fully closed position.
- Release the switch.
- Press the close position again and hold the switch for at least 13 Seconds. The sunroof will stall at the hard stop, then move slightly back to the soft stop position. Release the switch.
- Verify the operation of the sunroof.

Nick5956

Verano
Hello joemassei,

Did you fix your sunroof problem on your Buick? Please let me know how.

I have the same issue on my 2012 Verano post a power failure due to low battery,

Thanks

Turbo Buick Badge