• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2014 Buick Encore shaking is "normal"?

Abby Edwards

Buick Newbie
Raleigh, NC
Buick Ownership
Buick Encode 2014
I have a 2014 Encore that I purchased new.

For the past 20k or so miles, the vehicle will sporadically and violently shake when in drive and stopped with the foot brake.

I had the PI0928A service bulletin completed in Feb 2016 that addresses this issue specifically but am still having the same issue. Is anyone else having this issue?

Buick is citing that the 'vehicle is functioning as intended' since the service department can't identify the problem. Buick has also alleged to me quote: "this shaking you are experiencing is a normal operation characteristic that was able to be duplicated in the same model year vehicles with similar mileage. As such, and because all avenues of assistance have been exhausted on their end, your vehicle has been deemed operating as designed".

I feel that a violent shake (feels like the car is being rocked as if in attempt to push it over- stops as soon as foot is removed from brake) is absolutely NOT how this vehicle was designed to operate and is NOT normal.

I have made numerous trips to the dealerships service department, as well as to another Buick service department. I have completed the customer satisfaction surveys, contacted corporate Buick, and even used Twitter to tweet Buick- all to no avail other than to be told it is "functioning as intended."

I also had to have my brake booster replaced 7 months after purchase.

-Beyond Frustrated :(

rfruth

Houston, Tx
Buick Ownership
one-day
Have the dealer(s) been able to duplicate the violent shake - this isn't normal operation IMO for any vehicle BUT I'm just your average shade tree mechanic with a logic probe (which makes me dangerous)

Abby Edwards

Buick Newbie
Raleigh, NC
Buick Ownership
Buick Encode 2014
The dealership service department hasn't been able to duplicate the shaking. They keep it for a week at a time and drive it about 8 miles. The shaking is very sporadic, it may do it twice in one day, and not again for 2 weeks. Buick assures me it is normal, despite two of my friends having the same year Encore with roughly the same mileage (give or take 1,500 miles) and NO shaking. That tells me that 66.6% of Encores don't shake- Buick refuses to give me a # or % of 2014 Encores that have reported this problem.

rfruth

Houston, Tx
Buick Ownership
one-day
Could be engine misfire at idle, when depress the brake pedal lowers the engine vacuum by leaking through the diaphragm. It is simple to test for this. (or so I thought) :sad:

Fishface

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Encore Convenience
Write a candid but respectful letter to GM CEO, Mary Barra. See where that takes you. Outline your whole story, also telling them that nobody on the Buick Owner's Forum thinks your problem is normal.

G-231991

For the past 20k or so miles, the vehicle will sporadically and violently shake when in drive and stopped with the foot brake.

I had the PI0928A service bulletin completed in Feb 2016 that addresses this issue specifically but am still having the same issue. Is anyone else having this issue?

Buick is citing that the 'vehicle is functioning as intended' since the service department can't identify the problem. Buick has also alleged to me quote: "this shaking you are experiencing is a normal operation characteristic that was able to be duplicated in the same model year vehicles with similar mileage. As such, and because all avenues of assistance have been exhausted on their end, your vehicle has been deemed operating as designed".

I feel that a violent shake (feels like the car is being rocked as if in attempt to push it over- stops as soon as foot is removed from brake) is absolutely NOT how this vehicle was designed to operate and is NOT normal.

I have made numerous trips to the dealerships service department, as well as to another Buick service department. I have completed the customer satisfaction surveys, contacted corporate Buick, and even used Twitter to tweet Buick- all to no avail other than to be told it is "functioning as intended."

My 2015 Enclave does the same thing. Tires replaced. balanced too. They say real differenti. But shaking us not a symptom of that.

NotACarPerson

Buick Ownership
Encore
I have a 2013 Buick Encore with 95,000 miles and this is exactly what is going on with me as well. Has anyone learned a solution or found a good way to describe this to a mechanic without looking like a fool?

Black5iamond

Buick Ownership
Buick encore

Hi,

I have a Buick encore as well and took it in for an oil change and now my car has the shaking in the engine, not as bad as yours. I have been back and forth with them, wrote a letter to the corp office too. I'm beyond frustrated with too. I'm looking for an attorney and my car is brand new, I don't drive it every day and it 3950 miles...smdh

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
Hi,

I have a Buick encore as well and took it in for an oil change and now my car has the shaking in the engine, not as bad as yours. I have been back and forth with them, wrote a letter to the corp office too. I'm beyond frustrated with too. I'm looking for an attorney and my car is brand new, I don't drive it every day and it 3950 miles...smdh
You are replying to a 3 year old post, of whom only posted twice.

That said if your car is new and they cannot fix it you can probably get them to buy it back under your state's lemon law.

Pedal Commander