2014 Buick Regal smoke?

Steve262

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal
Purchased this vehicle last month (2.0 turbo) with 52k on it and now has 56k. I’m scheduled to get an oil change Saturday but recently I just noticed when I turn to the right there’s a plume of white smoke behind the car then clears up quickly, or I noticed when reving it there’s also a little smoke. Car gets driven about 90 miles a day on the highway. Any help? I did recently have to add 2 quarts of oil

Last edited:

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
While smoke is moisture.
Is the coolant at the proper level when cold?
Did you check the oil level when you purchased the car?

Steve262

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal
While smoke is moisture.
Is the coolant at the proper level when cold?
Did you check the oil level when you purchased the car?
I purchased the car from a private dealer, oil looked fine when I bought it. They did an oil change on it. I’ll have to check the coolant later. I was more concerned thinking the rings are going bad with having to add oil already and the smoke. I really don’t see it smoke unless I take a turn a little quickbut I can’t really feel a loss in power.

Steve262

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal
I purchased the car from a private dealer, oil looked fine when I bought it. They did an oil change on it. I’ll have to check the coolant later. I was more concerned thinking the rings are going bad with having to add oil already and the smoke. I really don’t see it smoke unless I take a turn a little quickbut I can’t really feel a loss in power. Might be more of a white/grey smoke I guess I should’ve clarified

Steve262

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal
Should’ve clarified I bought the car March 23rd seems to be more of a grey/white smoke and since I’ve had to put 2 quarts of oil in already I’m thinking it’s the piston rings…. Already…

Steve262

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal
Update, needs an engine. Good thing I bought this car with 52k drove it 4k miles and needs an Engine….

Get your turbo buick badge right here!