• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2014 buick verano

TIMMY14

Buick Ownership
Verano
What should I be paying attention to, to make sure nothing is messing up on my 2014 buick verano?? I've had it for 1 year so far no problems 34k on the car.

TIMMY14

Buick Ownership
Verano
Did you look in the owners manual section on maintenance?
Yes just wondering with all the timing chain oil consumption and coolant things I read on here it's very well maintained and I follow the owners manual to the T.

Maverick7

Buick Ownership
Buick
All the key things you need to worry about going forward are, using a good full synthetic motor oil, and a good quality oil filter at 5,000km intervals, drain and fill transmission at 45,000km intervals, drain and fill coolant and brake fluid every 4 years for preventative maintenance, and changing air filter and cabin air filter every 20,000km intervals. I also recommend cleaning the carbon out of the throttle body every 25,000km with a quick spray and wipe with throttle body cleaner. I also take the time to clean my mass air flow sensor with mass cleaner around the same mileage. Also a good practice to lubricate your caliper pins once a year as well, to maintain your braking system. And depending where you live, have Krown oil spray applied to the under body of the vehicle to prevent rust . Doing all these will help in the long run in keeping your Verano and its major components from future costly repairs. Some people will give you all sorts of advice and opinions but just stick to this. The mileage I'm referencing is kilometres, if your American convert that to miles. Forget about the owners manual, that will for sure cause you problems later on with the mileage they have listed. Just follow what I said and at least that will give you a piece of mind and help in keeping your Verano in the best possible shape. That is me, but to each their own and cheque books....good luck.

Last edited:

TIMMY14

Buick Ownership
Verano
All the key things you need to worry about going forward are, using a good full synthetic motor oil, and a good quality oil filter at 5,000km intervals, drain and fill transmission at 45,000km intervals, drain and fill coolant and brake fluid every 4 years for preventative maintenance, and changing air filter and cabin air filter every 20,000km intervals. I also recommend cleaning the carbon out of the throttle body every 25,000km with a quick spray and wipe with throttle body cleaner. I also take the time to clean my mass air flow sensor with mass cleaner around the same mileage. Also a good practice to lubricate your caliper pins once a year as well, to maintain your braking system. And depending where you live, have Krown oil spray applied to the under body of the vehicle to prevent rust . Doing all these will help in the long run in keeping your Verano and its major components from future costly repairs. Some people will give you all sorts of advice and opinions but just stick to this. The mileage I'm referencing is kilometres, if your American convert that to miles. Forget about the owners manual, that will for sure cause you problems later on with the mileage they have listed. Just follow what I said and at least that will give you a piece of mind and help in keeping your Verano in the best possible shape. That is me, but to each their own and check books....good luck.
Thank's that's what I was looking for!

Turbo Buick Badge