• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

2014 Enclave issues with cruise control and traction/stabilitrak

zukuss

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hi there,

Was very happy with my 14 Enclave leased since June last year until recently.
Since roughly December, the cruise control appears to become unresponsive unexpectedly. Nothing fixes it...just need to wait and keep trying to engage it.

In January, I had a "service traction control" and "service stabilitrak" message. When accelerating, the vehicle would "shake". I mean, you can feel the vehicle accelerating and decelerating until you stop accelerating. Getting speed becomes difficult. Pushing the "TC off" button would do nothing. The next morning, the vehicle worked perfectly. It happened once again a month later. Went to the dealership in the meantime (they needed a month to book me for electrical issues...) and they found no problem.

The cruise control would still act up but TC/stabilitrak gave me a break again for a month. Then the last 5 days, it did the same thing 7 times. I'd really hate to waste time again at the dealership to have them do nothing. I was considering going to a different one. But if I can go there with more info, that would for sure help, so...anyone experienced the same issue? Or any idea WTF is happening? Are these two issues linked, or they are separate? I found out that most times, cruise control would not work when stabilitrak/TC message is on, but just two days ago, I used cruise control successfully while that message was on and accelerating was making the vehicle shake. Not on all gears though, although it seems random...

Thanks in advance...

edit: and I forgot to mention, the StabiliTrak Indicator Light turns on when that issue happens. But I guess it was obvious. It starts with that indicator, then "traction control off" msg, and shortly after, switching between "service stabilitrak" and "service traction control".

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Cruise control should not engage if the computer senses an issue with traction control, etc. The dealer that needed the month to book you, was that the dealer you leased the vehicle from? If it is the leasing dealer I would speak to your salesperson to see if he can get some better response from the service department. Your other choices are a different dealer or calling Buick Customer care.

cduffyaz4

Buick Ownership
Enclave
I just bought a 2014 Buick Enclave with just 18,000 miles and have the same issue with the Cruise Control. I have not noticed a related issue with TC but I am wondering if your issue was ultimately resolved and how? Thanks

G-698059

Hi there,

Since roughly December, the cruise control appears to become unresponsive unexpectedly. Nothing fixes it...just need to wait and keep trying to engage it.

In January, I had a "service traction control" and "service stabilitrak" message. When accelerating, the vehicle would "shake". I mean, you can feel the vehicle accelerating and decelerating until you stop accelerating. Getting speed becomes difficult. Pushing the "TC off" button would do nothing. The next morning, the vehicle worked perfectly. It happened once again a month later. Went to the dealership in the meantime (they needed a month to book me for electrical issues...) and they found no problem.

The cruise control would still act up but TC/stabilitrak gave me a break again for a month. Then the last 5 days, it did the same thing 7 times. I'd really hate to waste time again at the dealership to have them do nothing. I was considering going to a different one. But if I can go there with more info, that would for sure help, so...anyone experienced the same issue? Or any idea WTF is happening? Are these two issues linked, or they are separate? I found out that most times, cruise control would not work when stabilitrak/TC message is on, but just two days ago, I used cruise control successfully while that message was on and accelerating was making the vehicle shake. Not on all gears though, although it seems random...

Thanks in advance...

edit: and I forgot to mention, the StabiliTrak Indicator Light turns on when that issue happens. But I guess it was obvious. It starts with that indicator, then "traction control off" msg, and shortly after, switching between "service stabilitrak" and "service traction control".
i have the same problem with my buick

G-503007

I too have the same exact issue...”When accelerating, the vehicle would "shake". I mean, you can feel the vehicle accelerating and decelerating until you stop accelerating. Getting speed becomes difficult. Pushing the "TC off" button would do nothing.”

ANY HELP....THANKS.

Djack962000

Buick Ownership
Enclave
Hi there,

Thanks in advance...

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

tjx432193

Buick Ownership
2014 enclave
I have this exact same issue. Did you ever find a solution?
Ditto for me, 2014 enclave. Exactly the same problem. Been changing everything, so far nothing has helped. No codes, dealer doesn’t know. Gotta be a fix!!!!

brianna1008

Buick Ownership
Enclave
Ditto for me, 2014 enclave. Exactly the same problem. Been changing everything, so far nothing has helped. No codes, dealer doesn’t know. Gotta be a fix!!!!
I did fix mine! My husband bought an obd scanner that was capable of reading real time wheel speed rotation/abs, and the back left wheel speed sensor kept giving a reading way off. So we replaced the sensor and it still was showing a alternating speed that was way off according to my scanner. We knew from research that this was likely due to the magnetic ring inside of the wheel bearing that let's the speed sensor know how fast the tire is moving. So took apart the bearing and half of the mag ring was gone replaced the bearing and all is well now! It was basically undriveable. Hitting the breaks flelt like I was slipping on ice and wasn't going to stop. The transmission felt like it was slipping over 45mph or up a hill. There was a flapping nose in low speeds. It felt and sounded awful! I thought there is noway this is a wheel speed sensor or a bearing issue but it is perfect now. No issue since. A dealers scanner should definitely be able to determine the tire speed sensor though. But they have to drive it while reading it. I hope this helps :)