• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2014 Enclave Transmission

tngeebee

A Regular
East Tennessee
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Enclave
Have been noticing that when I make a corner at low speed there is sometimes a clunk with a lag in the transmission shifting. Has anyone else noticed this on there '14? Does not happen when pulling out from a stop and going straight. Will mention it to the service department on next visit.

redvett

3.8L S/C Member
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Enclave
If its a AWD you will get some noise. My 2014 AWD with 7000 mi makes no noise and shifts much better than my 2011 did.

ccblanck

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Yes, we have owned our 2014 Enclave for about three weeks, and we have already taken it to the service department due to this problem. They said they couldn't replicate the 'rough shift', so we are supposed to drive it for awhile and see if it continues. This 'rough shift' only happened when I tried to accelerate after turning onto another street at a low speed. It has never happened at higher speeds.

tngeebee

A Regular
East Tennessee
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Enclave
Yes, we have owned our 2014 Enclave for about three weeks, and we have already taken it to the service department due to this problem. They said they couldn't replicate the 'rough shift', so we are supposed to drive it for awhile and see if it continues. This 'rough shift' only happened when I tried to accelerate after turning onto another street at a low speed. It has never happened at higher speeds.
This is exactly what happens but not always. Seems to be between 1&2 gears when it happens.

redvett

3.8L S/C Member
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Enclave
Have you tried taking the Tech for a ride. Works for me on other vehicles i have had problems with.

tngeebee

A Regular
East Tennessee
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Enclave
Have you tried taking the Tech for a ride. Works for me on other vehicles i have had problems with.
Doesn't always happen and I can't make it do it. But if it gets worse you can bet I'll be having the service out for a ride.

Detroit, USA
Doesn't always happen and I can't make it do it. But if it gets worse you can bet I'll be having the service out for a ride.
We understand an intermittent vehicle concern is frustrating to deal with. Like Jessica previously stated, we are more than happy to assist you throughout the process of working with your dealer if you choose to go this route in the near future. Please feel free to send us a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN and dealer name. We are happy to help anyway that we can.

Regards,

Laura M. (assisting Jessica)
Buick Customer Care

xxsixshooter

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have that problem, too. Also when I coast for a while and give it gas. Complained to the dealer. They test drove it and found nothing wrong. I think it's just the way the transmission is. I get hard shifts occasionally in other gears as well. It is definitely not the smoothest transmission I have driven.

redvett

3.8L S/C Member
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Enclave
If you dont like the shifting in your 2014 you surly wouldnt like 2011 and back, they were bad.

Ray364

Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lucerne
Redvett,

I sent you a note. Please check your message box.

Thanks.

snowyrenday

Buick Ownership
Buick
Hello tngeebee,

We are sorry to hear about this vehicle concern! Please keep us posted on your dealership visit. We are happy to assist further if needed.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

Oh well ladeeda mr french man this guy gets a customer service rep on an internet forum ? What about us guys stuck with this stupid dexcool in our rendezvous can I at least get a new radiator shipped out please ill even install it myself thank you very much sir.

Nix

Buick Newbie
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Enclave Premium AWD
I had this exact same issue with my '07 Escalade ESV. Can't recall what they did to fix it, however, there is a service bulletin out for the Escalade/Yukon/Tahoe line. I have not noticed anything like this in my '14 Enclave AWD, yet.

checkme

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Have been noticing that when I make a corner at low speed there is sometimes a clunk with a lag in the transmission shifting. Has anyone else noticed this on there '14? Does not happen when pulling out from a stop and going straight. Will mention it to the service department on next visit.
I have the same issue with my 2014. I have noticed it most often while in Colorado going through the Rocky Mountains and recently in the Black Hills of South Dakota. It seems the transmission doesn't know what to do when driving say 25 or 30mph and going up a incline. Ii feels like the transmission is probably in 3rd gear and then all of a sudden shifts down to 1st gear with a loud bang noise that sounds like the transmission is coming apart. It has happened driving normal streets, then slowing down to make a turn with a slight incline also. what I have done to circumvent the problem is put the transmission into manual mode and then use the plus and minus switch on the side of the shift lever. If you are not familiar with this read your owners manual for complete directions. I work for a Buick dealership and our technicians say they don't know what to do about it. There are no bulletins and no new reprograming that they can do. Lets hope that someone at GM is monitoring this forum and lets the engineers know about this disturbing problem that a $50,000 car shouldn't have.

frequentflyer99

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I am also having this problem when traveling at low speeds, the car will go into neutral and then hard klunk into gear, typically between 2nd and 3rd gear. Been back to the dealer for third time. Second time they replace a motor mount that they though was the problem. I think now that the motor mount was an effect of the hard shifting breaking the motor mount.

razrback

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Yes, I have the same problem with my 2014. Same symptoms as others, I think it's done it since new. Happens a couple of times a week. Most of the time it occurs when turning from one street to another at a low speed. I have also seen it happen when going up an incline from a slow speed.

The problem seems like the torque convertor is out of snyc with the engine for a second. I would assume it's a programming problem.

Please keep posting, there is something strange happening, hopefully with enough posts they will do something about it.

2014 Enclave
20000 Miles
FWD

Pedal Commander