2014 Encore radio

rgt50wood

Buick Ownership
2014 White Encore Premium FWD
Took my Encore to the dealer this morning for an intermittent radio problem.
When starting the car in the morning, the radio will sometimes switch to the connected USB device.... No matter in which mode ( FM or XM ) it was left the night before.
I thought this required a simple software update as discussed earlier this year in this forum. Apparently, this is a new problem and known to GM.
If the USB device ( or any aux. device ) is left connected, the radio will sometimes automatically default to that device upon power up. This happens every now and then. For the time being GM suggests not to leave the USB device connected or leave it connected and when the problem happens just switch back to the FM or XM station we were originally listening to .

adrunk

Silicon Valley
Buick Ownership
1-16-1992
I use all of them regularly ...

XM .. usually 70son7
USB .. stick always inserted with my 1200+ songs
CD .. custom burned with mp3's
FM .. whatever
AM .. talk radio

The system always defaults to the last used state with no problems.

:headbang:

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Pandora via Bluetooth restarts to am/fm/xm when i start the car up again. Mostly due to BT connwction.

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Buick Ownership
Encore
OK by me if the default is USB
USB = Commercial Free

My first and only choice

(Pay for radio? – Never!) :banghead:

Detroit, USA
Thanks for the update, rgt50wood! We appreciate you sharing your experience with the forum community as well. If you have any future questions about your radio feel free to reach out to our Infotainment Customer Support team at 855-428-3669, or send us a private message and we would be happy to help.

Amber N.
Buick Customer Care

Get your turbo buick badge right here!