2014 Encore, wipers and "Stupid" Arm rest

R&L's Encore

Buick Ownership
Buick AWD Encore
We had the same problem with the big wiper streaking and not working correctly. I went to NAPA and picked up a NAPA Accufit (part # 60-026-PP) Fit like OEM and works flawlessly. First time we had streak free windows in the rain since we owned the car.

Lyke

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Encore sport touring
I put this same armrest in my 2014 Leather Encore soon after I bought it. Here's a picture.
How does it attach?

Sparkie

Chgo IL
Buick Ownership
Buick encore
On the wiper issue, there is a TSB from GM, I took it in to the dealer and they replaced the drives side arm. The new one has a bend it.

Sparkie

Chgo IL
Buick Ownership
Buick encore
On the wiper issue, there is a TSB out there. Copied it and took it to the dealer who replaced the drivers side. There was a bend in the knew one, works fine now.

66Kicks

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore
Has anyone managed to get one of these armrests installed? I would like to see how it turned out and what kind of work went into it.

Thanks!

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
I had this bulletin done to both my 16 Trax and 16 Encore. The new arm works much better on highway. Not easy to see but right where the wiper attaches to arm, the arm has a bend on the revised one. ( bottom )

eDPc1f5.jpg

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
I had this bulletin done to both my 16 Trax and 16 Encore. The new arm works much better on highway. Not easy to see but right where the wiper attaches to arm, the arm has a bend on the revised one. ( bottom )

This thread is for the arm rest, not wiper arm. That said this is cool, did it help? Do you know the number of the TSB or the part number for the new arm?

Again

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
Title says...Encore, wipers and "Stupid" Arm rest

First post: Has anyone else had problems with the wipers not cleaning windows on hwy... seems like they are too light and leave horrible mess on windshield, mostly now that winter is here. Any ideas?? Talked to dealer and as always , "that's the way it comes". No issues found.

GM#42429688

xh8qSES.jpg

Last edited:

iakopa

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
The wipers from the factory do not get better as the car models roll along. My 16 was like everyone says, bad wiper blades. I removed them and installed Bosch blades and my problem was solved. Curious, they are almost the same design, but just clean better.

Again

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
It isn't the wiper, it's the wiper arm. Had both my Trax and Encore done with this bulletin. This solves the streaking at highway speeds.

Again

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
No cost if you are still under warranty. And only about $30 for the arm out right. Mine would streak about 6 inches wide in the middle at highway speed. No more. I believe the 2017 has the revised version.

Last edited:

Joester

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
Cool. I'll have to see what the dealer says since mine is about a 3 inch streak standing still.

Daytona@88

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Encore base
Yes, wipers are horrible on this car. Did not try to replace it, because here in California we did have a few rainy days only. But I know others did take a car to dealer and got their wipers replaced for free, there are posts in this forum.
Original arm rest indeed is not comfortable at all. I purchased a real console made for Opel Mokka (it is essentially the same car made in Europe) on ebay (shipped from Italy), and installed it myself. It is really good. The original console is still there, in vertical position.
ARMREST OPEL MOKKA - accoudoir pur -mittelarmlehne für for-storage-made in Italy | eBay
Hi,
I know this is a really old post but I just purchased the same armrest from Italy. My question is, when you installed it did you have any issues with clearance trying to put the screws in?

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
Hi,
I know this is a really old post but I just purchased the same armrest from Italy. My question is, when you installed it did you have any issues with clearance trying to put the screws in?
Not likely you'll get an answer. The member has not been on the site since Nov 2019. Try a search on "arm rest". I do believe a number of people here have installed this.

kgould13

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Encore
The wipers on my Encore work great, even the auto option. The armrest is fine, as I am the only one that drives it anyway.
My Toyota Yaris certainly didn’t have an armrest😊, so I’m good too. But what about adding some sort of seat covers...I ordered some but you have to remove the armrest in order to install. Any recommendations from you on what kind of cloth seat covers are the best for an Encore?. Thanks a million...I’m a newbie here😊😊

Get your turbo buick badge right here!