• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2014 Encore

KingBuick

Washington, DC
Buick Ownership
2008 Volvo S60 2.5T
Hi everyone. Does anybody own a 2014 Encore? If so, then what do you think of it?

I'm curious as to when it'll receive a mid cycle refresh.

KingBuick.

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
Mine is a 2013 model, but I really like it. It's perfect for me to shop, run errands, and get to appointments. We are saving over $ 100 in gas per month, which is going toward the payment for the Encore. I traded in a 2003 Trailblazer with 45,500 miles. It was a huge gas guzzler.

Last edited:
Detroit, USA
Mine is a 2013 model, but I really like it. It's perfect for me to shop, run errands, and get to appointments. We are saving over $ 100 in gas per month, which is going toward the payment for the Encore. I traded in a 2003 Trailblazer with 45,500 miles. It was a huge gas guzzler.
I am happy to hear you are enjoying your ownership experience with your '13 Encore, KSDeputy. The Encore is wonderful for running errands with its flexible storage while fitting multiple people comfortably. Continue to enjoy your vehicle. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to assist!

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting Jessica)
Buick Customer Care

afm

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I picked up my 2014 Buick Encore AWD last week. LOVE IT!

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
I have a 2013 Encore with convenience trim level. As I have an artificial hip on my right side, I have difficulty getting in and out of it. It has about 2,500 miles on it. I went to a dealer recently and tried getting in and out of a 2014 with premium trim. I found it was much easier to slide in and turn on the leather seating surface than the cloth. I am giving serious consideration to trading up to a 2014 with premium trim level.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
I have a 2013 Encore with convenience trim level. As I have an artificial hip on my right side, I have difficulty getting in and out of it. It has about 2,500 miles on it. I went to a dealer recently and tried getting in and out of a 2014 with premium trim. I found it was much easier to slide in and turn on the leather seating surface than the cloth. I am giving serious consideration to trading up to a 2014 with premium trim level.
My leather seating surface got sloppy and stretched out some on our lacrosse driver seat (passenger side was fine). The dealer replaced the leather cover for me under warranty. At that time, I asked him how much it would have cost if I had to pay for another cover in the future. He looked up the part and told me the leather cover cost about $250 and that they would install it for another $200-$250.

Maybe rather than change cars, you can ask your service guy if pulling off the cloth seat cover and replacing it with the leather version is possible. Would probably cost much less than a depreciation hit. Just a thought.

clcra

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
We just bought a 2014 Buick Encore and I am in love with it. I was driving a Lincoln
SUV and was going to wait for the smaller SUV to come out the MKC. It will not be out until next spring or summer. We looked at the Buick and decided to purchase it and I am so happy we did. It is such a neat little vehicle with so many bells and whistles. I am finding out new things about it everyday. The only thing I wish it had was a remote
lift back door and a remote setting for your garage. One of the things I love is that you can fold the front passenger seat down and can haul anything up to 8 ft. long.

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
It isn't the height of the vehicle that was causing me problems. It was when I got in I twisted my back, and hip. My chiropractor went out and watched me get in and offered the following advice. Get in sideways, slide my butt in as far as I could, then turn and bring my legs in. This worked much, much better on the slicker surface of the leather seat. I got a good deal on a trade which I am thinking over. I would lose only $ 300 in depreciation on the 2013, and they gave me a coupon for $ 500 off on the 2014. I would change from the convenience group to the premium group. The Encore is the perfect size for me, I love the car. I just need to make adjustments for my medical problems. The leather, and the memory settings on the seat will help a lot. If I have to move the seat back to make it easier to get in, I can easily return it when I am ready to drive. I looked at a Chevrolet Equinox, and a GMC Terrain. Both were closer in size to what I had and was used to. The fact that the price was close to $ 10,000 more than the Encore, and the mileage was poorer, steered me to the Buick. Buying a car is like buying a computer, it is basically outdated when you buy it. Next year they will have maybe a larger engine, and more gadgets on it. I bought the Encore for the mileage, and the engine is fine as it is. I don't expect it to perform like our 1963 Buick Wildcat. I solved the gate and garage door opening by buying mini remotes for both. They clip on the visor and are handy. I would like an electric open and close for the lift gate, but it is so easy to do manually. It is well balanced and much easier to operate than the one on my Trailblazer. Thank you all for the help and advice !!

Last edited: