• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2014 LaCrosse - how to know what trim level

swissvalian

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2011 Lucerne CXL Premium
Looking at a 2014 LaCrosse - is there a definitive way to know if it is the Leather or Premium I trim? I found a online copy of the sales brochure that lists how each is equipped and available options. It says the Premium I includes (among other things) a power rear sunshade and heated/ventilated seats.

This specific car does not have a power rear sunshade (based on looking at the owners manual's description of where the switch would be) nor does it have ventilated seats (no icon on the console that matches the pic in the manual). But it has all the other things that distinguish the Premium I from the Leather trim level.

Is it at all possible that the original owner could have bought this car as a Leather trim but paid individually for almost, but not all, of the extras included with Premium I? I'd think that would have cost a lot more than just moving up one trim level. Alternately, maybe it's possible that the brochure I found online wasn't 100% accurate regarding what comes with Premium I.

I have a copy of the build sheet if there's something there which would define the trim level.

XtraPerformance

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
Usually the easiest way to tell between the Leather and Premium trims are the wheels. Which style wheels do you have on your LaCrosse?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
On the VIN number, 4 & 5 number placement should show the following description. #4 is G followed by a letter Series.

G A: Buick Lacrosse Base
G B: Buick Lacrosse Leather Group
G C: Buick Lacrosse Leather Group AWD
G D: Buick Lacrosse Premium Group
G E: Buick Lacrosse Premium Group AWD
G F: Buick Lacrosse Touring Group
G 9: Buick Lacrosse (Export Non US, Non Canada)

swissvalian

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2011 Lucerne CXL Premium
How about that - the 4th/5th VIN characters are GB - Leather group. There's the answer. Thanks everyone.

XtraPerformance

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
You have a highly optioned Leather trim. Usually those wheels come on the Premium I trim. Glad you were able to figure it out!