2014 Regal GS, driver's seat plastic cracked

Thread starter #1

MitzMN

Buick Newbie
Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS
I just noticed my driver's seat has a plastic piece near the floor that has cracked, front to back, about three inches long. I'm unsure if this is just a moulding piece or a somewhat structural part of the seat (although I doubt it) and the crack will get bigger and become a bigger problem. I can't figure out how it could crack that way, frankly, front to back, rather than a vertical crack. It is the piece that has some of the electronic controls for the seat and would be parallel to and nearly abut up to the bottom of the driver's door when it's closed. The car is 2014, so about five years old, but it has less than 25,000 miles on it. I'm going to contact the dealer tomorrow; not sure they will do anything for me, given the car is out of warranty, but it's ridiculous to have this problem with this few miles. Anyone else have a similar problem?

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Did it crack before the warranty ran out? It seems that like that it is a common problem, and GM and the dealers need to correct this problem under warranty!!

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS & 2015 Camaro SS
Spoke too soon. Noticed today mine is cracked again :mad:. Had it replaced last around the summer time. I have an extended warranty but trim is not covered. Has anyone replaced it themselves ? Doesn't look too hard. Need to find the part number too. 20181125_114115.jpg

mdb007

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal
The panel cracked on my wife's 11 a couple of months ago. I found new one on ebay for $93 with free shipping, this is the number for the black one. Finish Panel 13325377
And a nice low mileage Acura TL I just bought cracked on mine last week. Best price I found for that is $170! dealer offered 3 month 3k warranty going to see if they will cover.

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
The panel cracked on my wife's 11 a couple of months ago. I found new one on ebay for $93 with free shipping, this is the number for the black one. Finish Panel 13325377
And a nice low mileage Acura TL I just bought cracked on mine last week. Best price I found for that is $170! dealer offered 3 month 3k warranty going to see if they will cover.
That is the same part number I found after searching online, thanks !
Did you replace it yourself ? Was it easy ?

mdb007

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal
That is the same part number I found after searching online, thanks !
Did you replace it yourself ? Was it easy ?
Hey it arrived today a few days early, hoping to install this weekend if I have time. Here is sellers name on eBay, kingofchevyparts, his $93 w/free shipping was best I could find. And he will verify part with your vin. Here are some pics. The one with my index finger is a soft rubber that goes on the back. The other my finger is pointing at is some kind of snap which I believe goes around the metal bar that runs along the seat.
Oh and on image 7518 that is the top clip that wraps around bar, that is the part that broke on my wifes seat, and looks cracked on yours.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
Thanks for the pictures ! Looks like it snaps in, no screws.
The last time they replaced mine was Dec 7 2017 while it was still under warranty. I'm pretty sure replaced parts have a 1 year warranty even if the car warranty has expired. I will have to check on that.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
What a poor design by GM Engineers, or Bean Counters involved in that design. They should be dismissed and hopefully they are on the way out the door with the new restructuring plans!

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
The dealer replaced mine under warranty because it was less than 1 year from when they replaced it last. The part # on the ticket is 22936017 and that's for cars WITH memory seats.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.