• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2015-2018 Lacrosse

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 Premium
Smartstopstart.com makes the module. It’s $140. When you shift into M mode, you have to use the paddle shifters to shift. The auto stop only happens when you come to a stop and if the car determines the engine is not needed to keep the temperature. To defeat you would toggle into M as you com to a stop. The engine will now stay running. When you pull away either toggle back into D it use the paddle shifters if you wanted to stay in M.
So I'd have to shift to M and back to D each time I came to a stop. That doesn't sound appealing.

LaCruise

Buick Newbie
Salt Lake City
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse Premium AWD
So I'd have to shift to M and back to D each time I came to a stop. That doesn't sound appealing.
I was just describing a way around the start/stop if you absolutely feel you do not want the car to turn off and you don't want to buy the module. But as I've said, I see no reason or need to do this. The start/stop really is unobtrusive and the engine starts immediately when you release the brake. If someone is not convinced and wants a solution to defeat the start/stop, I would get the $140 module and be done with it.

GMLover

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick LaCrosse, 2010 Buick LaCrosse, 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix, 1987 Buick Lesabre T Type
I just bought a '17 LaCrosse Essence and LOVE it. My '07 Impala transmission died at 205k miles, and looked at newer Impala and LaCrosses. Found a great deal with 22k miles. I like the new electronic shifter many here aren't fond of. Handles and rides TONS better than my Impala ever did.

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 Premium
I was just describing a way around the start/stop if you absolutely feel you do not want the car to turn off and you don't want to buy the module. But as I've said, I see no reason or need to do this. The start/stop really is unobtrusive and the engine starts immediately when you release the brake. If someone is not convinced and wants a solution to defeat the start/stop, I would get the $140 module and be done with it.
Oh -- the module defeats the stop-start at all times? That's more like it.

Pedal Commander