2015 Enclave AC issues

GoldenMum

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
This is my first, and quite possibly my Last Buick! I was so excited to an Enclave, my dream car or so I thought! Purchased new in Dec. 2014, and by August 2015 AC was not cooling as it should. Dye in system showed no leaks, but it needed a lb. of freon. The said it must come in that way new. Now almost one year later, and same problem! The blower motor will also not go up to high, but it would just be blowing luke warm air anyhow! It's almost a 100 here, need me some air!There has to be a leak if it isn't cooling, right? Another afternoon taken off from work to take it in to be looked at. First car I have ever spent more than 40K on, and first I've had issues on pretty much a new car!

Anyone else out there having issues with AC?

JD15

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
This is my first, and quite possibly my Last Buick! I was so excited to an Enclave, my dream car or so I thought! Purchased new in Dec. 2014, and by August 2015 AC was not cooling as it should. Dye in system showed no leaks, but it needed a lb. of freon. The said it must come in that way new. Now almost one year later, and same problem! The blower motor will also not go up to high, but it would just be blowing luke warm air anyhow! It's almost a 100 here, need me some air!There has to be a leak if it isn't cooling, right? Another afternoon taken off from work to take it in to be looked at. First car I have ever spent more than 40K on, and first I've had issues on pretty much a new car!

Anyone else out there having issues with AC?
I also have a 2015 Enclave that just hit 30,000 miles. It just got out of the shop after developing AC problems. In my case, they found that the rear evaporator core was leaking and they replaced it. They also replaced the rear fan. I didn't get a good explanation as to why the rear fan needed replacement as it didn't seem to be a problem. On another forum, a poster thought it may be because of a service bulletin that points out that the fan can shed metal debris that can cause the evaporator core to fail (leak). Anyway, I don't buy your dealer's weak explanation that your Enclave may have come out of the factory with a low refrigerant level. I would say there is most likely a leak, and your dealer for whatever reason is not identifying it. The worst case scenario is this: If the front evaporator core is leaking, it requires taking apart your dashboard to get to it. It is a time consuming, expensive repair. I'm concerned about that happening with my Enclave just after the warranty expires. Given that I have owned a couple of vehicles over 10 years that never had AC issues and continued to blow cold air like the day they left the factory, this is truly maddening with a $40K plus vehicle after just a year and a half.

redvett

3.8L S/C Member
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Enclave
" I don't buy your dealer's weak explanation that your Enclave may have come out of the factory with a low refrigerant level." There is no way a vehicle can leave the Assembly Plant with low HVAC refrigerant as the DVT (Dynamic Vehicle Test) will sense the lack od cooling or any other offending codes or sensor issues. You may have a HVAC leak and the dealer has replaced the Evaporator and fan at GM's instructions.

GoldenMum

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
UPDATE:

I have AC again! This time, they were able to find a problem.....they ended up replacing the "High Side Valve Core". I am hoping this ends my saga with AC issues, but my service advisor informed me that once you have a leak it is common to have more appear?!? I think I may need to find another dealer to use. Thanks for all your input guys!

cactusskid

Buick Ownership
2013 Enclave
I have a 2013 Enclave. In 8/2015 with about 24k miles replaced rear evap core due to the afore mentioned bulletin regarding fan shavings causing it to leak. Lucky under warranty then. Now in 8/2018 have same issue again. Now not in warranty and dealer wants almost $1500 to repair. This is BS. Buick needs to step up and take care of this problem. GM already has a class action lawsuit for AC issues in other SUVs.

Bake

Buick Newbie
Canton, Ohio
Buick Ownership
Buick Enclave
I have a 2013 Enclave. In 8/2015 with about 24k miles replaced rear evap core due to the afore mentioned bulletin regarding fan shavings causing it to leak. Lucky under warranty then. Now in 8/2018 have same issue again. Now not in warranty and dealer wants almost $1500 to repair. This is BS. Buick needs to step up and take care of this problem. GM already has a class action lawsuit for AC issues in other SUVs.

I have a 2012 Enclave & don't have many complaints so far with currently @ 86000 mi. FYI, you may also want to check THE rear AC hose & make sure it's not rubbing up against something non-movable. On mine, it was & the replacemernt hose ( specialty hose to boot) the dealer wanted just under $2000.00 + tax. It Happened @ 75000 mi. & was not covered by extended warranty. Worst part of it was, it was a WELL know problem on 2011 - 2012, & some 2013's. I felt the dealer should've brought it too my attention since they knew the problem existed & were the ONLY ones that serviced the car. The fix @ a cost would've been much cheaper since all they did was put a foam rubber sleeve on it in later years. You just might want to look & make sure.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
If you ever read a TSB most of them start out with "If the customer says" which is pretty much saying you first need to have knowledge of or the actual problem. So most service managers will not go over a punch list of TSB, not fair but it's just the way it's set up. Out of warranty it's shown as a known issue so the customer doesn't think they are making it up, this is a over simplified answers I know.

The only thing is to sign up for a online service for the shortest time and get all the TSB on your vehicle. Having the knowledge of a possible problem can be better than to have a surprise show up.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.