• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2015 Enclave Intellilink service menu

statsman

Buick Ownership
2015 Enclave
Does anyone know if there is a service/hidden menu for the Intellilink/Infotainment audio system in the 2015 Enclave? I'm trying to determine if there is a buried settings menu to offset the volume by audio source (AM/FM/XM, CD, USB, Bluetooth).

Our 2015 Enclave has a significantly lower volume level for USB and Bluetooth audio sources compared to the radio stations (AM/FM/XM). What might play at volume level "10" for a radio station requires at least volume level "20" for an MP3 file on a USB flash drive. Please note that I have set the volume levels within the MP3 files very close to maximum before distortion occurs. Bluetooth audio is similar, although it can be offset somewhat by the music player app increasing the volume (preamp). Doing too much of the latter tends to result in degraded audio quality.

I'm getting tired of switching from the USB audio source to a radio station where I forget to turn down the volume significantly first. Failure to do so results in the audio system blasting the radio station at high volume. We have likely damaged the speaker in the driver's side door, and it hasn't been good for our hearing. This also happens if we exit the vehicle when last playing the USB audio source, and then restart the vehicle later, having it start up with the last played radio station.

Please note that I have contacted Buick, GM, Infotainment-GM, and Infotainment requesting a possible solution for quite some time. We haven't received any solutions so far.

Last edited:

statsman

Buick Ownership
2015 Enclave
I will add my 2018 behaves the same way, really annoying.
Part of me is surprised, and part of me is not. I figured the 2013-2017 Enclaves might have the same issue given they appear to have similar head units. But I would also like to believe Buick would have figured this out by the 2018 Enclave. That's disappointing, both for newer Enclave owners, and for me getting a solution to the volume issue.

I really don't get it. All digital files (MP3, WAV, FLAC, APE, WMA, etc.) have a volume limit before distortion occurs. Any testing of a USB (or Bluetooth) audio source should have taken that into account. I haven't had a chance to try, but I wonder if an iPod via USB connection has the same volume issue?

I actually received a voice mail from Buick yesterday afternoon for a phone call that I missed. Apparently, their Executive Resolution department wants to talk to me about the issues I have been experiencing. They were going to call me today, but they never did. They followed up with an email yesterday after their phone call, but the phone number and extension they provided in both the voice mail and email is for a person who is currently on vacation. The person who called gave me their own work schedule, but that doesn't help since I don't have their direct extension.

I am not sure which attempt at communicating this issue they are responding back on. My contact and emails to Infotainment-GM? My emails to corporate Buick and GM? My contact with our closest GMC/Buick dealership? I have been trying for two years to find some sort of workaround. Ideally, Buick/Infotainment-GM would update the firmware in the affected vehicles and calibrate the USB and Bluetooth audio sources to be closer in volume to the other sources, primarily the radio stations. Anything that prevents me from further damaging the vehicle's speakers and my hearing would be greatly welcomed.

Pedal Commander