2015 Enclave starting difficulty after fuel refill

Giddyupgotx

Austin, TX area
Buick Ownership
2015 Enclave
Have had numerous occurrences of check engine light coming on; error code was the "Check or replace gas cap or ..." one - 09xx I can't recall right now. Got a new gas cap, but after-market, not OEM.

I'm thinking I may need to get a mechanic to look at the whole emissions system, though, as the check engine light reappears occasionally. But lately I've noticed that when I take off the gas cap to fuel the car, when I go to start it after the fuel's been added and the gas cap replaced, it doesn't want to start. It cranks, but I have to turn the key off and back on 2 or 3 times before it will start. And when it does start, it runs very roughly, the RPMs go up and down until I put my foot on the accelerator for a second or two. Then it settles back to it normal calm idle. Except for when I take the gas cap off, it starts just fine.

So, apparently exposure to the outside air causes a problem in the system. I suspect I'll need to look at replacing some of the other parts of the emissions system besides just the gas cap. Any ideas on which part(s) have perhaps gone bad?

Thanks.

CarolA.

Buick Ownership
2015 Enclave
There was a bulletin regarding the purge valve..CONTACT A BUICK DEALER..or they won't honor it.

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
14 Lacrosse Premium AWD 15 Enclave Premium
I have a 15 E. When i started to hear about the purge Valve i stopped topping off the tank when fueling. I heard that over filling the tank was creating the problem. Now, if its true or not i don't know. I have not encountered this problem.