2015 Encore system pre-wired for navigation?

Totomotx

Buick Ownership
2015 Encore
What do I need to replace my non-nav radio with a navigation radio from another Encore? Do I also need a gps receiver cable or is it pre-wired for navigation?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You will need a sat/nav radio that is compatible with your year. A GPS antenna will be needed, once all of this is done a trip to the dealer may be needed to program the vehicle to the update on equipment. Then a DVD map from GM will be needed to purchase so it has the current street information from a year ago. No it's not plug and play.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Buy a TomTom or Garmin. Better and more current maps with more frequent updates, at a MUCH cheaper price.
Don't make your vehicle more complicated than it needs to be.

kc8ufv

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore
Better yet, plug an android phone in and use Google Maps. They tend to keep up on the streets well, and it's free. We just locally had some road construction, with a new road added back in, Maps had it showing there a week before the ramp opened, complete with the roundabout that's visible on it.

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
X2. The cost and effort behind "upgrading" the existing system is not worth the hassle. Once it's in and updated, it will have to be updated on a regular basis and it will still be about 1 year behind on map accuracy.

adamcar

Buick Ownership
Buick
x eleventy billion on Google Maps. Download where you drive offline in case you lose cell service, the directions will still work. Can use on Android or Iphone. Apple Maps is ok but most prefer Google Maps!

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
x eleventy billion on Google Maps. Download where you drive offline in case you lose cell service, the directions will still work. Can use on Android or Iphone. Apple Maps is ok but most prefer Google Maps!
And you use very little data downloading a map and route.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.