2015 Lacrosse - programming opener for gate

CaltoFlo

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Has anyone tried programming the opener for an entrance gate? My gate uses 433.94 MHz with a 16 bit security code. The remote says it can be used with any transmitter that will receive a 26 bit input, but the code is only 16 bit. Will our openers transmit this? I've tried both methods of programming, but nothing seems to work.

Thanks for reading.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
I would assume 26bit is the Max, but would accept shorter passphrases.

I have my remote entry working with an old garage door opener (from roughly 2000). Don't know if that helps any. :)

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
I have Sears garage door openers that work with the built in Home Link system in my Regal. The Sears openers work at 390 MHz. Why do you think your vehicle will work with a 433.94 MHz system. I'm assuming when you say "opener" you mean Home Link?

CaltoFlo

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have Sears garage door openers that work with the built in Home Link system in my Regal. The Sears openers work at 390 MHz. Why do you think your vehicle will work with a 433.94 MHz system. I'm assuming when you say "opener" you mean Home Link?
Yes, I mean Home Link. I have no information that indicates what frequency, or frequencies, the Home Link system can transmit on. Nor do I have any knowledge of whether or not it has the ability to scan various frequencies. That's why I'm asking.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You may want to check with Homelink directly on your gate opener and 2015 compatibility. Some of the garage door openers required a interface signal module in the garage to work with the Homelink in the vehicle.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
We still have the 30 year old Sears openers also. After repairs and 1 replacement from lightening strike. I found it’s a distance issue more than even revolving code adaption. I added a antenna extension which helps (old tv telescopic) and it works fine but still have to be fairly close and depends on button press in duration it seems.