2015 Lacrosse trunk won't latch after opening

BST

Buick Ownership
Lacrosse
Have a trunk question...
The trunk opens just fine, but just lately it stopped latching when I shut the lid. I found that if the door release button is pushed, or the trunk lid release button is pushed, there is an audible click sound and the trunk will then latch. It is possible that I jammed the latch when I closed the trunk a while back with a shopping bag in the way of the latch. But, that doesn't explain why pushing the release button again would free it up.

FrogFan

Ft. Worth, TX
Buick Ownership
2013 LaCrosse
Have a trunk question...
The trunk opens just fine, but just lately it stopped latching when I shut the lid. I found that if the door release button is pushed, or the trunk lid release button is pushed, there is an audible click sound and the trunk will then latch. It is possible that I jammed the latch when I closed the trunk a while back with a shopping bag in the way of the latch. But, that doesn't explain why pushing the release button again would free it up.
This has happened to me before. I have the "double-shot" relay installed and often, when I open my trunk using the button on the lid, I have to press it more than twice -- especially when the car has been idle awhile. I think what happens is that I end up opening the trunk then "closing" the latch while the trunk lid is open. When that happens, the trunk won't lock down. Then, when I "re-open" the latch, all is well.

BST

Buick Ownership
Lacrosse
This has happened to me before. I have the "double-shot" relay installed and often, when I open my trunk using the button on the lid, I have to press it more than twice -- especially when the car has been idle awhile. I think what happens is that I end up opening the trunk then "closing" the latch while the trunk lid is open. When that happens, the trunk won't lock down. Then, when I "re-open" the latch, all is well.
I don't think it's the same thing that is happening to me. I'm not touching anything after I open the trunk that would close the latch. I think it must be something wrong with the latch switch. It seems to get stuck in the unlock position.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Check if you possibly have the emergency release handle dislodged from the bag closing or it could be the latch mechanism may need to be looked at the very least if something is out of alignment.

BST

Buick Ownership
Lacrosse
Check if you possibly have the emergency release handle dislodged from the bag closing or it could be the latch mechanism may need to be looked at the very least if something is out of alignment.
Well, the ER handle is hanging down. I don't recall that it was just dangling like that before. I noticed that there is a slack in the wire and it doesn't retract, as I would expect it to. Nothing happens when I pull the handle, further indicating that it is holding the latch open, thus preventing the latch from locking. However, when I activate the trunk button, it fixes the latch problem but doesn't seem to affect the ER handle.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Again looking at the latch mechanism may be the first step in seeing if there is a problem. s-l400 (10).jpg s-l400 (9).jpg s-l400 (8).jpg

Get your turbo buick badge right here!